hales, Home Seller in Billings, MT

should i drop the price $6,000 or worry it is priced high?

Asked by hales, Billings, MT Tue Sep 18, 2012

House is really nice, staged i think good pics. many upgrades but high per sq ft. We listed right before labor day three weeks ago.

Hopefully you have found the solution to your answer by now. If not, we need more information to provide you with a more accurate assessment. Either way, I hope you would have received that guidance from your agent and have sold by now! Have a great weekend.
You need to ask your Realtor.. They should be advising you every step of the way on your pricing. However, it is great that you are taking the initiative and if you are worried it is priced too high, it very well may be. Always go with your gut - your realtor should coach you, but you make the game time decisions!
6k off a 100K home is different thatn 6K off a 500K home. Where is it, how much, style, development......

There are many variables to be considered.
Web Reference: http://hmtatlanta.com

I'm showing about 48 homes have been sold in the 30064 zip code, within the last 30 days, sales prices between $47k- $380k.

I don't know anything about your home so I will not be able to give you my professional opinion.
Are you selling the home yourself or have you hired a Realtor? Your Realtor should be able to discuss
your options with you as well as their opinion as to why there hasnt been any movement on your house. If you are selling your home for sale by owner, perhaps I may come by and view your home
to give you my professional opinion...

Either way, best with the sale of your home!

Laquita Baez
Licensed Realtor in GA and NJ
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate Metrobrokers
Web Reference: http://www.LaquitaBaez.com
That's a really tough question to answer without seeing the home and the competition and sold comparables. However, as a very general rule, homes (especially in the lower end of the market - high end luxury homes can have different timelines) either sell quickly for close to asking price or don't sell at all until the next price drop. So, if you are getting showings with no offers or no showings at all, a price reduction could be in order. If you are getting showings with no offers then what has the feedback been from the prospective buyers? Have they been real buyers that were ready to purchase something and selected another home instead of yours? These are the kinds of questions that I try to answer for my listing clients so that I can advise them on whether to reduce the price or make minor improvements to the property to get it sold. Are you listed with an agent. If not, perhaps you'd be best served consulting with a professional agent who will be able to look at your exact situation and advise you appropriately. If you are interested in speaking with me about that, give me a call - 678-520-3113.