David, Home Seller in Brooklyn, NY

selling my condo need Meany site to posted for free

Asked by David, Brooklyn, NY Fri Jun 6, 2008

my property is in Brooklyn i try to sale by my self and need site like craigslist

Answers

5
David I'll add something to what other brokers told you. 80% of For Sale By Owner get fed up trying to sell the property on their own, and dealing with unqualified buyers who are just wasting everyones time and aren't serious or can't afford your place. At this point you are probably very optimistic, and wont listen to us until you get tired and have to lose your weekends to host an Open House.
Another reason why selling on your own is difficult, how did you price your home, where did you get the price? What your neighbor told you they sold it for, may or may not be true, everyone likes to add a few #'s to what they really sold it for.
You can use Craiglist, you can Use Trulia and Zillow, or PostLets, but can I tell you something. Majority or REAL QUALIFIED buyers work with Brokers. To a buyer working with a broker is FREE. So by selling this on your own, you just excluded all those potential buyers from seeing your home.

Good Luck.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 30, 2008
David
You sound pretty desparate and I am sorry for your situation. Let's look at your options:
1. Sell it without professional representation -
Pro - you'll save money by not paying the commission. However, you will probably have ot pay at least part of the commission to the buyer's agent.
Con - 86% of owners eventually list with a Realtor, so that means in most cases (about 90%) such listings never sell. Is not selling an option?

2. List with a Realtor
Pro - competent professional advice so you can determine your best course of action
-Listings sold by Realtors sell for an average of 16% more than homes sold without professional representation
-Homes sold with Realtor sell in fewer days on market, so you get out quicker
Con -cannot think of one.

3. Stay put, try to get your lender to do a loan modification to lower your payment.
Pro - you get to stay in hour home
Con= the lender may not agree

David, you need someone that knows three things:
1. Your property
2. Your market
3. Your personal situation

Then you can develop plans and learn your options.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 6, 2008
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Hi David:

Tthere are so many sites to list your property on. Certain sites work better for your area, others not. The most powerful one is the Multiple Listing Service which are used by all agents and populated to many sites depending on how local MLS is syndicated to other sites. After that, you can find other sites, such as Trulia which has syndication with real estate brokerage and independent realtors, and site such as craigslist,etc.

So, I am going to agree with Keith, the best way to advertise and sell your home is thru a Realtor's service who will be able to provide a comprehensive marketing plan for you, including how to prepare your house for sale, how to market it, how to qualify buyers, how to negotiate contracts, credits, repairs, the steps it take to close escrow, etc.

Get a few referrals, intervew a few realtors then find the one that will work the best for your needs.

Let us know how it went with Malinka. Will be great if it works for both of you.

Sylvia
Sylvia Barry,…, Real Estate Pro in Marin, CA
I am desperately trying to buy myself a condo. have great credit, solid amount of down payment saved up. may I ask you how much is your condo for and where it is? Please email me, mallikac7@yahoo.com
As a Real Estate Marketing Professional, it would be unprofessional of me to enable a homeowner to try to sell a residence on their own. Realtor controlled properties sell for 21.675% more money than do those sold by unrepresented homeowners.

In your best interest, find a really good Realtor; you will end up with more money at the closing table than you will trying it on your own.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com