Home Selling in Boston>Question Details

dewd54, Home Seller in Boston, MA

selling "as is". home is assessed at 177K? No remodels built 1890 needs lots of repair and updating to say the least area is selling very well.

Asked by dewd54, Boston, MA Mon Jan 6, 2014

Southend area single family 4 levels

Answers

16
I might be interested in buying this property. What street is it on? Could you call me to discuss (508) 868-0801? There aren't many parts of Boston where a 4 level building would sell for under 200,000. The south end area is definitely not one of them. I would be prepared to offer considerably more than that. Call me when you have a chance.

Greg
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jan 6, 2014
Oops. the home has 3 levels. Sorry for the misinformation.
Flag Mon Jan 6, 2014
Dew54

I agree with you, homes in your market are selling very well.

You have a few options,

you can keep the home and do nothing,
you can renovate the home and live there or rent it,
you can hire an agent to sell it for you or you can sell it yourself.

There are advantages and disadvantages to each.

In this active market homes priced right attract many buyers and many offers. If you are considering selling get a few market analysis and see what each agent has to offer you.

Louis
Dew 54 in Boston,
Congratulations!
Several very energized Boston real estate professionals have provide you their telephone number.
As a serious seller, you should give a couple of them a call so you can have a set of value numbers from which to work and make informed decisions.
-
Your situation will have a significant bearing on the best decision to make.
Your purpose for selling should be shared with these agents so everyone can be working towards the same goal.
-
How quickly you need to get this sold is the final element in the equation.
If you are serious, pick up the phone and call one of the agents who have provided their telephone number.
Dewd54,

When you say that your home is assessed at $177k, I assume that you are talking about the city's assessed value that they use for the purpose of setting your property taxes. DO NOT confuse that number with the fair market value of your property as those two numbers are almost always VERY different amounts.

If you're thinking about selling the property, you should absolutely hire an agent who will put the house out into the marketplace and expose it to the highest number of possible buyers. You might be able to find a buyer yourself through private means, but without exposing it to the whole, wide world, you may wind up selling it for a lot less than you could have.

What you have is a one-time opportunity to sell a very valuable asset the right way and maximize your return. If the building needs some work, don't let that make you feel like it's going to hurt the value as much as you might think. There is a SERIOUS housing shortage in the Boston area right now and developers are having a hard time finding properties that they can buy, improve, and resell to keep their businesses going.

If you have any additional questions, I'm happy to help out.

George Wood
I agree with many of the posts listed here. I suggest having a phone conference with several of these agents and choose the professional you feel comfortable with. I encourage you to give me a call to discuss the selling process. I would love to represent you during the purchase and sale negotiation. Feel free to call me with any questions.

Elizabeth Perez Barletta, Esq.
p: (617) 720-0099 x:110
ebarletta@sassooncymrot.com
Where is the property located, I might have a few investors that will most likely be very interested.
there are developers eager for this type of property - price it right to generate maximum interest contact Karen #617-424-1988 or http://www.alliancerelo.com if you would like to further discuss

I have several investors who would buy this property in a quick cash sale, as-is. Please give me a call to discuss.

Michael P. Welsh, Esq.
617-515-6300
michael@mcdermottwelshrealty.com
The first thing you should do is contact a top realtor in your area and have them do a CMA for you.
I am a mortgage professional in MA. One concern depending on condition may be if the house can even get financing. Another reason to contact a top realtor. If you would like a referral to one in your area feel free to contact me. Best of luck. Ed

Edward Moloney
GMH Mortgage
NMLS 10321
774-573-0329
Assessed values usually lag real values by 12 to 18 months and cannot be used as a reliable estimate of market value. Even if this area is actually South End/Lower Roxbury (Zip 02118) this value is likely to be significantly under market value. An experienced realtor will be able to tell you the true, current market value of any property.
A Renovation loan could help a buyer purchase this property and renovate it.and bring back its best features. An owner occupant would only need a 3.5% down, Great opportunity for the right person.

You should really consider having a broker come out to give you a proper market value on your home in the form of a comparative market analysis (CMA) or other price opinion tool. For a four level home in the South End, I doubt the assessed value you mentioned above and the market value are equal. After knowing the potential value of your home, you will have a better idea of how to market the property. A broker can offer guidance and suggestions on how to reach an appropriate target market based on area and condition of home, and other distinguishing factors. If you would like to discuss further, I can be reached through Trulia, or via the information below.

Best of luck,

Danielle M. O'Brien
MBA, ABR®, SFR®, REALTOR®
Broker Associate & Director of Marketing | Patch Realty Group
Mobile - (508) 989 – 1989
danielleobrienRE@gmail.com
I agree with this response
Flag Tue Jan 7, 2014
I agree with this response
Flag Tue Jan 7, 2014
Im not sure what your question is but if you are lookinh to sell we have several buyers who would be interested.
Web Reference: http://lynchrg.com
what exactly is your question here? or are you just trying to sell your listing/house?
Where is it exactly. I have a lot of investors looking around right now that don't mind doing work as well as a few of them are cash buyers so financing wouldn't be an issue. Give me a call or email me and we can discuss the details further.
I have buyers for this property. Please call my cell at 617 312 2001 anytime.