a.ortiz, Real Estate Pro in New York, NY

selling a tenant occupied home

Asked by a.ortiz, New York, NY Tue Jul 8, 2014

i am selling my tenant occupied home which the buyer is willing to take since they are good paying tenants (month to month)and have been there a long time. it just feels awkward for me to tell them the new owner will be taking over sooner than later. how can i handle this situation? the tenants were already aware that i had put the house up for sale.

Answers

2
Every buyer that views your home inform them you are selling with tenants. If selling with tenants it takes longer to sell.
If the tenants knew your house was for sale then they should be expecting to hear about a new landlord. No need to worry about telling them - I would just email or write them a note to tell them when you'll be closing and to give them the new owner's contact info. You'll want to let them know how their deposits, if any, are being handled, and when they will be writing the first rent check to the new owner.