Home Selling in Seven Hills>Question Details

Greg Gacura, Home Seller in Seven Hills, OH

Question removed

Asked by Greg Gacura, Seven Hills, OH Wed Nov 17, 2010

This question was removed by its author.

Answers

13
Hi Greg,
Again the best time to sell is when you need to. It doesn't hurt to put your home on the market, even during the winter. People begin looking starting after the new year so that they can buy in the spring. If you would like for me to come speak with you again, I would be more than happy to, please let me know.

Warm Regards,
Siobhan Nickerson
Howard Hanna Real Estate
440.971.5648
Email: siobhannickerson@howardhanna.com
The best time to sell, is when you need to sell. Get your house picture perfect, and stage it. Get yourself a dynamic realtor, and don;t go fishing for a price. You are lucky you have some equity, don;t consider it a loss, consider it a learning experience, and move on to what the rest of your life has to bring you. Best of luck - it sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders and are making some wise decisions.
I am in total agreement with Bob Hope that we're always answer your questions
To amend a previous answer, the only think killing sellers at this absolute MOMENT is weather. Although online activity stays pretty consistent, not many folks have been venturing out to "put eyes on the property". Since just about everyone needs to walk through a home to make a decision, this cold snap may be pushing even serious buyers to wait till after the holiday.
Greg, The best time to sell depends on your needs and circumstances.
If you are wondering if there are buyers looking right now that want to move soon, that answer is yes. Perhaps not as many that start their search after the first of the year, but I can assure you that if a buyer is out looking now, they are a serious buyer.
Please note I am a Certified Distressed Property Expert designee, if you are in a distressed situation, feel free to call me for options or get a Free options report from the below site.
Good luck to you!
Christine
All real estate is local, and no one can predict the future. Call in a few top agents to see their opinion of value. List now..after the new year there is typically a glut of homes on the market and serious buyers look through the holidays. Good luck.
I agree with all my colleagues. There is really nothing to "wait for" as far as buyers are concerned. Some outside factors that may motivate a buyer to make a decision sooner, rather than later, would be if interest rates tick up, or possibly the situation with your school district. Being a graduate of Normandy and Hillside I certainly understand the dynamic of Seven Hills and the PCSD. There are currently 16 homes either "contingent" or "pending" in 7 hills which means they have had contracts accepted within about the last 6 weeks, so there is activity. 65 homes sold in the first 6 months of this year, but some of that may have been motivated by the expiring tax break. Whatever you decide, be prepared for what could be a longer than average market time... On my website http://www.bobkienast.com, I have a section titled "To sell or not to Sell" which may be of use.

Best of Luck

Bob Kienast
robertkienast@howardhanna.com -
Based on the information that you've given, there doesn't seem to be a reason to wait to sell it . Prices will likely not jump up and nor will demand for your property.

I would contact a few realtors choose the one who you think will work well with you and for you. Price it smart and do everything you need to make it easy to purchase which will give you an advantage over what else might be out there.

If you would like to move on, there's no better time than the present. Holding on to the property, unless it's for a long time and getting positive cash flow, could cost you more than you've lost in value already.
Greg,
Thanks for your question. I too live in Seven Hills and am quite familiar with what is out thee. Right now the inventory is high, as home sales in the last 5 weeks have slowed. I personally would wait to put your home on the market until end of February of next year.
I have a great marketing plan and know the Seven Hills area well, I would love to discuss my marketing program with you to see what would be the way to move forward with selling your home after the 1st of the year. My email is craffay@kw.com.
Cindy Raffay
216 544-3277
Hope to hear from you today!
Greg
anytime is the right time if you need to sell in this market. understanding the current value of your home is a great start. There is less inventory now then in spring which makes tour home more attractive to the buyers looking.
I would be happy to discuss my marketing plan with you feel free to contact me
BARBARA KACHENKO
RE/MAX
KACHENKOTEAM@AOL.COM
330-388-2771
Five years ago I might have told you to wait until spring but now that may not be the best idea. If you have compelling reasons to put your home on the market i.e. change in personal situation, job loss, decreased income, then I would say move forward with the marketing and sale. We certainly do not know what market conditions will be like in the spring.
Feel free to call me if you have any questions 440-263-7496
Barb Szabo
Web Reference: http://www.barbaraszabo.com
Hello Greg,
Alot of people wait until Spring to put there house on the market which is something I don't personally agree with. There is less inventory in the winter and still people needing to buy to I advise people to continue to market their home through winter. I would be more than happy to meet with you to discuss your advantages of putting your home on the market sooner rather than later and also to present what I can do to assist you in the process. Please contact me at 440-971-5648 or email me at siobhannickerson@howardhanna.com I look forward to hearing from you.

Warm Regards,
Siobhan Nickerson
Howard Hanna Real Estate Services
440.971.5648
Email: siobhannickerson@howardhanna.com
Web: http://siobhannickerson.howardhanna.com
Greg if prices contnue to decline, than your house is worth mor enow than it will be in 6 months. As for teh right season to sell, there are more buyers in the spring but also more houses for sale, where now there are less buyers but less homes for sale obver the holidays. you should have a local broker give you a broker price opinion so you can see where your tru value falls.

Please see my blog for more info and advice on selling