Home Selling in Erwin>Question Details

Nancy, Home Seller in Erwin, TN

realtor that will take a listing for 3 months

Asked by Nancy, Erwin, TN Sat Nov 5, 2011

Is there a realtor that will do a contract for only 3 months ...email me at nanpl@comcast.net

Answers

5
I sure as heck hope so. Back before I was a Realtor, I'd never give someone more than a 3-month listing. Never. What I'd say--and what I did--was: "If we're satisfied with your efforts after 3 months, we'll be glad to re-list with you." No reason to agree to anything longer than 3 months.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 5, 2011
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
I would prefer that my Clients have the same committment to me, as they expect me to have to them.

you know what I'm trying to say here.

This is supposed to be a very tight financial and personal relationship;
most of us hope that it will last a lifetime.

Good luck and may God bless
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 5, 2011
Nancy,

Sellers need to be aware that a listing may take longer than 3 months to close escrow. Homes that are for sale may take time to get an accepted offer. Sometimes offers may fall through causing the home to be put back on the market. Once an offer is accepted, the buyer will need usually 45 days to close escrow. When you agree to a 3 month listing, you may have to sign an extension if more time is needed to close escrow.

Carol Perdew
Prudential California Realty
(209) 239-7979
Carol@PerdewHomes.com
DRE 985176
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 5, 2011
Nancy, I am an agent who works for Remax zCheckmate out of Johnson City. I would be happy to list your home for three months. You can contact me at 423-557-9295 or check my website: http://www.victoriahubert.remax-tennessee.com . Vicki Hubert
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 5, 2011
You should have no trouble getting a 3 month listing agreement. Call any local real estate office and talk to them.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 5, 2011