Home Selling in Glen Gardner>Question Details

Going Crazy, Home Seller in Glen Gardner, NJ

realtor and lawyers responsibilities in realastate

Asked by Going Crazy, Glen Gardner, NJ Sun Jul 10, 2011

our house is under contract and inspection has been done what are our realtor and lawyer responsiblities to the inspection issues?

Answers

4
Hi again,

I had answered some of your other posts. I'm assuming the buyer of your home wants items fixed per the inspection report? Depending on what they asked for you should be speaking to your lawyer and agent. Since your asking what everyone's role is, you need to make a decision if you will fix any items requested, give a credit or refuse to do anything. Depending on your contract, if you decide not to fix anything, the buyer can walk. If this buyer walks and you get another buyer, I'm sure the same inspection issues will come up & now whatever was disclosed to under the inspection must be disclosed to a new buyer from this point on.

Are the buyers making unreasonable requests? Your attorney and agent should be discussing this with you.

Gina Chirico, Sales Associate
Lattimer Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 10, 2011
Yes, you are going crazy:

You want me to give you a crash course in selling your house and protecting yourself:

No, I don't think so.

Good luck and may God bless
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 10, 2011
The basic answer to your question is that you are responsible to review your home inspectors report, and usually with the assistance of your Realtor, discuss with your attorney any demands that you wish to make on the sellers for repairs and/or credits. It's ultimately your decision, with assistance from your real estate professionals, who will then present those to the sellers legal council.

Good luck, and remember, buying & selling your home will usually be a stressful time. Keep calm, keep informed, and make sure you have trusted advisors you can count on to assist you through it.
Web Reference: http://buckybuchanan.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jul 10, 2011
ultmately all responsabilities are yours. Your attorney did their review of contract so as to protect you as appropriate. Your agent did their job presumably by bringing you a ready willing and able buyer. Your agent is likely keeping in contact as is attorney with other side to follow up on buyer's contingencies. Inspections and municipal certificates are likly your duty but speak with both your attorney and agent, Different ones work differently. You should be asking them this question rather than here as the answers may vary.