Nita, Home Seller in Northumberland, PA

please HELP! I need to sell my home but now the pool liner has a hole in it...should I spend over $1000 to?

Asked by Nita, Northumberland, PA Wed Jun 24, 2009

fix the pool or just cover it and tell potential serious buyers that I will help pay for a new liner? We live in PA, pool season will be over in a short time...or should I just tear the pool down altogether to show the house?

Answers

5
Just tell them you will credit them for a new liner. As long as the house shows well no one should care.

-Sean
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 24, 2009
It is simple. Don't put the pool in the listing. When an interested party inquires about the pool you can tell them at that time about the hole in the lining. If a buyer wants your house the pool liner is not going to matter and also, I would not offer to buy a new one or give them money back for them to do so. Buyers find plenty as it is to attempt to drive your price down and some of those things will be ones you cannot ignore. Radon testing is one big snag--keep your basement ventilated!
there is a pool liner for sale on eBay for $40. plus shipping of like $26.00
In response to Rosie, I would not necessarily take it down but rather offer to remove it free of charge if the buyer does not want it. This way if someone sees it as a benefit you do not lose that extra advantage and if they dont like it you are being flexable.

-Sean
If your municipality requires a permit for a pool and you dont have one I suggest you take the pool down.
some homes with pools takes longer to sell especially if the potential buyer(s) have small children. It can be a liability. If the price is at market value and your home has been on the market for some time, the pool could be the reason that it hasn't sold.