Burbank Buyer, Home Seller in Burbank, CA

new Hillsborough County market values

Asked by Burbank Buyer, Burbank, CA Wed Mar 25, 2009

I was thinking about putting my house on the market but then I noticed over the weekend that Hillsb. County dropped the market value of my home 100k, from the 2008 value. Will this affect my asking price?

Answers

2
Lisa Reeves’ answer
Putting your house on the market is a very personal choice - if its the right time for you to move on then you have to just capture whatever you believe you are losing with the market in your next purchase. Regarding Hillsborough County estimates - its my understanding they are using foreclosures and short sales data too which may account for the change along with the market values themselves dropping. I would be happy to do a market analysis on your property for you to make an informed decision.
I should add that I know county market value does not equal true market value but my house has no updates AND a short sale next door (house is identical to mine in every way) sold for next to nothing in january. i am thinking this is why my assessed value dropped 100k.