Kmehta78, Home Buyer in Sicklerville, NJ

my 24 yrs old house has some windows &shutters wood wrote. no water leak. do i have to fix before i put my house for sale ?

Asked by Kmehta78, Sicklerville, NJ Wed Aug 15, 2012

Answers

10
according to ASHI sec 4.2 home inspector is not reqyired to inspect shutters & exterior window wood
warp. still why they inspect them and over rule the guidelines & create unwanted problem for the seller?
how to stop bully inspectors and enforce them stay witnin the guideline ?
Hi Kmehta78!
The best answer is, "it depends". Depending on the market value of your house in its current condition and the mortgage amount...and of course, your financial goals. I have a lot of experience selling homes in "as-is" condition. This may be the best approach for you. A quick phone conversation will help you make the best decision. I can also tour your home and present several options.
call me, 856-575-1818.

-Robert Greenblatt
856.575.1818
The Agent That Always Calls You back!

"Bob made a very difficult and challenging situation very easy for me when I recently sold my home. He is knowledgeable, and provides constant communication and updates whenever I needed them. He answers every question, every single time. I appreciate all he did for me." - Jen

"Robert is a knowledgable realtor. He got my home sold much quicker than I ever expected. I will definitely use him again for any future real estate" - Ron
Do you want to list your house or sell it? The homes that are selling quickly are in tip-top condition. Even if you can find a buyer willing to make repairs after purchasing, you will get a lot less for your home then if you fixed it before putting it on the market.
Home inspections are not just for buyers. Sellers can hire a home inspector to get a list of what need to be done to get the maximum return on your investment.
I agree with Terry - take care of necessary repairs and obvious issues, and this sounds like one that is very visually obvious. If you do not, it may well diminish interest among buyers, delaying a sale, and you will likely face dealing with it when the inspection takes place. Your goal is to get there --- and anything that stands in the way of a likely sale should be taken care of prior to listing. Remember the old saying, "you have one chance to make a first impression....."

Good luck to you,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results

Good luck to you,
Jeanne Feenick
I would strongly suggest that you do. Problems and issues such as you describe tend to reduce the amount that buyers are willing to pay and also to wonder what other issues there may be that they don't see. If you want, I can provide you with a comprehensive price analysis of what you house os worth and make additional suggestions on how you can increase the price that buyers are willing to pay.

The Iwaniw Team
@ Joe Wiessner Realty, LLC
856-404-5635
Web Reference: http://www.iwaniw.com
Homes that are in "tip-top" condition usually have an advantage over others. This does not mean that your home will not sell, only that buyers are seeking the best values in the best condition.

The choice is yours but often by investing a little money to improve things, this can bring sellers big cash rewards when they find a buyer. A listing agent may be able to advise you best on this and point you in the direction of finding someone to do any necessary repair work.

Kmetha

If you can afford to have it fixed, I would do so prior to marketing your home. I always advise my buyers to look for things that need repair before listing a home. Makes it that much more appealing and salable to a buyer.

When the buyers have a home inspection the inspector will most likely point out the wood rot (along with other major and minor fixes needed).
1) Buyers tend to overestimate how much repairs cost
2) buyers tend to think if there are many minor perceived defects in a home inspection that the house was not well maintained in other areas and they tend to offer less.

I have a brochure for potential sellers which I would be happy to email to you (no obligation and I will not contact you after that). Just email me at Prumarynj@aol.com and ask for the brochure.

For a shorter version feel free to visit this page from my website for pre-listing (and post listing) tips:
http://marypetti.featuredwebsite.com/prepare-to-sell.asp
Hi Kmeta78, I agree with Debbie. Should you have any further questions, feel free to call me. My office is in Sicklerville. Eleise Queensbury Realtor Century 21 Rivera Realty (Cell) 856-340-6603.
No, you don't have to fix it, especially if it will be a financial hardship to o so, but you do have to disclose it

You might want to get an estimate for the repair, and allow a potential buyer to see it so they can factor that into their offer

Best wishes.....