Home Selling in Dawsonville>Question Details

Beckybus, Home Buyer in Tate, GA

my question is Our home is for sale and a k agent show our hou./. I over heard her bad mouthing our house and trash the deal. What do I do?

Asked by Beckybus, Tate, GA Mon Mar 3, 2014

Answers

2
Jim Simms’ answer
Why were you there during a showing? If you are close enough to overhear comments at a showing you are probably in the way.

Next, was it your agent or the buyer’s agent that commented on the condition of the property? Not that it makes a lot of difference, but if it was the buyer’s agent then it is none of your business what they discuss. If what they said about your house is true then they did you a favor, fix the problems.

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time
I answer questions about financing real estate based on my decades of experience dealing with mortgage underwriters. This answer is my personal opinion, has not been reviewed or approved by the company I work for. I do not offer legal or tax advice, if you need answers from an attorney or CPA find one knowledgeable in your local market.
Are you saying you overheard YOUR agent talking smack or the buyer's agent?

If it was the buyer's agent you can't really do anything. Their allegiance is to the buyer and making sure they do what is right by THEM, not you.

If it's YOUR Realtor, then I would suggest you have a sit down with him or her and discuss what is bothering you. You are paying your Realtor not to just put up a for sale sign and wait to collect a check. Their job is to advise you and help sell the home in the best way possible. This includes making recommendations such as: repairs you might want to do, staging suggestions, and pricing strategy. As a seller, you also have a responsibility to utilize these suggestions, realizing that if you choose to ignore them then it could hamper the chances of selling your home.

Sit down with your Realtor and air your grievances. Hopefully this will clear the air, but if it doesnt then you should explore hiring another agent who is a better fit. Hope this helps!