Home Selling in Houston>Question Details

israel, Renter in Phoenix, AZ

my mothers house sold on June 3, 2013. how long before I have to move out?

Asked by israel, Phoenix, AZ Tue Jun 4, 2013

I live in an ifficiency sperate from the house mentioned but still on same property, but the ifficiency was included in the sell. there is/was no contracted or lease, the light bill is in my name.

Answers

8
You should ask your realtor. There should be language in the contract that states buyers take possesion at closing and funding, OR there may be a Lease-back form. If the seller chooses to lease the home back from the buyer for a few days or weeks ti allow for tine to find new home abd move. Ask your Realtor.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jun 5, 2013
Betina, great advice, by the way are you still on AR?
Flag Wed Jun 5, 2013
Sorry about the typos in my last answer. The screen on my phone is tiny so its easy to have an n instead of m, or I instead of o.
:)
If it sold June 3 you should have been out June 3.
Typically closing is in 30 days, so you would have until that time to move, however it does depend on the terms of the sale. You most likely need to check with the selling agent.
Nice response. How is your market?
Flag Fri Jun 14, 2013
CLOSING DATE IF YOU DON'T HAVE LEASE.

GOOD LUCK.
Israel,

You would need to speak to the Realtors involved. Is there a sellers temp leased signed stating dates of move out separate from the closing/funding date?

When a property is sold, it typically includes all land and building besides the "home" mentioned on the contract. It is handled by legal description. If the building your living in is on this property, it was likely sold along with everything else. Would recommend reaching out to a real estate attorney if you need legal advice.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
That depends on the terms on the resale contract. The agent who list your mother's house should be able to give you specific date. If the house sell by owner, the buyer's agent may have that info as well. Best!
whatever the contract for the sale said is what you have to adhere to, especially if you had no lease