Tony, Home Seller in 21237

my house is on the market in rosedale.It has been listed since sept 1st. we've had 4 couples look all the agents say the house shows very well.

Asked by Tony, 21237 Sun Oct 9, 2011

i AM A LITTLE FRUSTRATED i THOUGHT WE WOULD HAVE AT LEAST 1 OFFER BY NOW

Answers

10
Hi Tony! I know it is frustrating, but the average days on the market before receiving a contract in your zip code, I think, tend to be longer than the time you've been on the market. Of course, each neighborhood is different!
What does your market analysis from your agent say?
Are the agents showing it mentioning anything about your price?
Hang in there -- this market isn't easy!!!

Marney Kirk
Keller Williams Excellence Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 9, 2011
Hi Tony,
Sometimes a home will have 10 or more showings before that contract comes in. I understand your frustration. I usually work as a Listing Agent and this has been my experience. If you're getting showings that's a plus. Broker Opens are only worth it if agents attend. Don't be duped into believing that these things work. The showings you're getting are the best way to SELL. If no one walked through your home, then I'd be concerned.

Here are some tips that may work:
* Let in all possible, don't block windows.
* Keep your home ready to show; beds made, clean fresh scent, de-cluttered, nicely decorated or staged, etc. ( I heard you say it "shows well" per the other agents.
* Make showings possible by working together with your agent and the Buyer agents on showing appointments. Nothing turns me off more than a seller who doesn't allow showings. Too many scheduling conflicts can turn away both potential buyers and their agents.

Some things we cannot change: LOCATION, SIZE, and LAYOUT. If any of these things are concerns for buyers, that could be an issue. I encourage you to talk things over with your Realtor and collaborate on possible solutions to get your home SOLD. You chose that agent for a reason. As a fellow Realtor, I'd hope you trust your instinct enough to give them an opportunity to address your concerns before interviewing other agents. ACTUAL AGENT SHOWINGS SELL HOMES, REMEMBER THAT. Long as agents are walking through that house with potential buyers, you're on course to CLOSING THE DEAL SOON. *-)

Be Blessed,
Marlene Rogers
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 10, 2011
Tony,

The market is moving right now if your home is priced at fair market value. Hopefully your agent is sharing feedback directly from the showing agents, sometimes when agents say the home shows well, that could mean several things: they did not want to be honest and give the true feedback, they were not familiar with your market and maybe your home is overpriced, if you wish to share your address, maybe we could help to shed some light. Also a brokers open is a great way to get agents to give their honest opinions. We spend about an hour at your home, the listings agent hosts the open, provides refreshments for the attending agents and then we discuss our opinions and put them in writing for you to see. It is a great way for other agents to preview your home and keep in mind for their buyers, just a suggestion, we do them in our office at Re/Max Components and it works wonders and helps to get those listings sold. I wish you the best of luck with your home!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 9, 2011
Ask your Agent for a feedback from those who show your house. 30 picture we are allowed to put online: Realtor.com is #1, Trulia also make sure its updated pictures. No showing restriction is a way of consideration to the Buyer. Price it right. See one or 2 of comparables in your area. You'll see what you like and don't like then apply it to your house. Shoot flyer to all the email contact you have or your Agents. Be a Team with your Agent. What are the pluses in your area and in your house. List them all out! Buyer may be from New York and don't know your area. I listed my listing's Bus stop, minutes to rec, and other nice places to go.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 9, 2011
PRICE, PRICE, PRICE!!!!! I can't say it enough!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 9, 2011
Tony,
It's been just over a month. If you only had 4 showings and no offers, it may be worthwhile to reconsider a few things.
Price is always an issue, but before I ask my sellers for a price reduction, we reexamine my marketing efforts.
Are there multiple full color well lit pictures online and on the flyers? Are the descriptions warm and inviting? Are you on multiple sites online? Is the home easy to access by buyer’s agents or do you have showing restrictions limiting opportunities?
If the marketing and showing conditions are good, how are your competitors doing? Have similar homes to yours gone pending and sold? If your competition has been busier than you can you determine why?
Finally, if others are being shown & sold and your marketing materials are well done, reconsider your price. It remains a buyer's market in many areas; time is not in the sellers favor. Make whatever changes are necessary to get your home sold and realize that in this market patience may be necessary.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 9, 2011
I would not be frustrated. Your home has not been on the market long. Just over a month is not very long in the current market. Buyers oftentimes want to look at a lot of properties and they have the luxury of taking their time on making a decision.
The average marketing time in Rosedale is 111 days. If the agents and the buyers are saying the home show well, you will sell it.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 9, 2011
Your home has been on the market for a little over a month. In the current market that's not a long time. Your realtor can share with you the average "days on market" of comparable properties that have sold recently in your area. Ask what other feedback the agents/prospective buyers gave. You should also make sure that your list price is in line with the market. If you are anxious the sell, talk to your realtor about what incentives you could possibly offer. If your home shows well, is priced competitively, marketed aggressively, and easy to show, you should receive an offer in a reasonable time frame. Best of luck.

Lisa Miller Scott
Sellstate Dominion Realty
301-642-4469
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 9, 2011
Tony,

Has your agent let you know what the showing agents have said about the price of your home? In this market it is all about "product and price." Clearly, you have a great product as the feedback has been great regarding the condition of the home. The best way to get your home sold is to have an equilibrium of both.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 9, 2011
My first thought is that it has to be the price. Besides the 4 couples have you had any open houses and if so what has the feedback been?
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 9, 2011