Tuoitre, Home Seller in Fort Washington, MD

my house is on short sale.The 1st lender okayed for the sale.But the 2nd lender asked us to pay some money

Asked by Tuoitre, Fort Washington, MD Sun May 31, 2009

and enter into a settllement and payment plan which we can't afford.What we should do/We need your help.Can you help us sell the house.Our current broker hasn't helped us anything.we got stuck now.Please help.
With Respect

The National Association of REALTORS has an ethics code that prevents - or should prevent - any agent from interfering with an existing relationship you have with another agent. Furthermore, you are in a contract with your current broker, and it sounds like you're in a contract with a potential buyer. If that's the case, IF you get your short sale approved then it sounds like the bank will pay the commission of the agent that you currently have. Any new agent will either go without compensation or you'll be paying them. Chances are, an attorney is better suited to handle your questions anyway. Remember, there's nothing anyone can do to force that lender into taking less than they are owed, no matter what real estate agent you have. Negotiating with a large corporation over a small amount is almost futile. Anyone you talk to there is going to tell you the answer you've already heard and then hang up. They have nothing invested. The best you can do is keep trying and talk to the 1st lender and see if they will step in and assist the negotiations.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 1, 2009
its really up to you and the bank now.

VJ Adriano
E-mail to: VJ@Mris.com

Sales & Leasing Associate MD, DC, VA
99 Commerce place
Largo, MD 20774
I fully agree with Ms. Chrisner. Wish you the best.. Jill

I am so sorry you are stuck in this unfortunate situation. But you are not alone, there are many others in the same boat right now. I would be happy to speak with you in more detail regarding your situation and see what advice I may have to offer. If you would like, you may send me an email to LDevnew@cbmove.com

Lisa Devnew
Coldwell Banker