Justin, Home Seller in Phoenix, AZ

my house is nice, but the landscaping is the best for miles around...how do i find buyers to whom that sea of green is more important anything?

Asked by Justin, Phoenix, AZ Mon Apr 11, 2011

1618 e granada ....just google earth it if you wanto be sure what i mean by 'sea of green"

Answers

15
Advertise as such, but no offense most buyers are not looking for that. I know it is not what you want to hear, but I am honest (to a fault). Your house is in one of the hardest hit cities in the US, Phoenix has so much inventory and you are up against REO and Short Sales. I work mostly as a buyer agent, and I do get requests for a large lot, but not sure anyone has asked for or put on their list what you have. In this market, most buyers want a lot for their money and almost all "want a deal". Some in fact, some can't recognize a deal when it is listed at the right price.

Most will not see your landscape as much more than a slight incentive, or something they can do or pay someone a little bit of $ and achieve. If you are not working with an agent or Realtor, get one to help you correctly market your house if you want to sell it, just be prepapred for what you are up against.

Best of luck.
Spirit
Hello Justin,

To sell your home, the price must be right. Don't "test" the market or ask an inflated figure because if you do, your home will probably sit on the market. You want to know what is happening right now, and pending sale data will tell you which homes are selling. In these troubled economical times selling a house or real estate is not a simple task. I recommend hiring a respected Realtor to help market your home. The Realtor is responsible for all advertising and marketing, and for showing the property, even when you are on vacation. Property will also have more exposure when represented by a Realtor.

I hope this helps!!
A good way for your listing agent to market your home and really point out the great landscaping would be to publish blogs and press releases with photos. This will provide a very clear description for potential buyers.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Jun 3, 2011
Your home would need to priced with in the comps. If its too far above comps it will just sit. Buyers are willing to pay for upgrades and a quality landscaping with in reason.

I hope this helps! Feel free to contact me direct if you have further questions.

Lucinda Tkach
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 11, 2011
Justin,

Another thing we do is get our listings on the first page of google. Which with your home it would need to showcase the yard. We place it on many online sites as well.
Justin

A good quality Realtor is going to be able to expose your property to the largest sector of real buyers. Find an agent you can work with and sell your home for what it is and offers.

Doug McVinua
HomeSmart

Arizona Homes for Sale by a Guy from Iowa
Web Reference: http://www.McVinua.com
Hi Justin,
I agree with Caroline and Lucinda, It is essential to price it right no matter how wonderful a particular feature or upgrade is. After that, it is extremely important to highlight and market the best features of your home, as well as being sure the rest of it is "dressed" to sell.
Once all of those pieces are in place, time to market it properly. Do it right and get it done quickly by using a real estate professional (Realtor).
Good luck and feel free to contact me directly.

Susan Talarico
Realty Executives
602.321.1693
Wow, Just pull it up on Google Earth. I expected to see a lot of grass and was pleased by the forest that greeted me. That's one of the reasons I love the historic neighborhoods... you'd be hard pressed to find anything like that outside of places like Coronado, Willo, FQ and such.
Justin... I'd hire an agent who worked in an Ad Agency and in the world of corporate marketing and branding for a dozen years. Such a person would likely have ideas only experience can offer.

If you are interviewing agents to represent the sale of your green oasis, I'd be honored to be one of them. I did work for an agency and as a marketing consultant to some pretty big players... Lucent Technologies, Black & Decker, Penn, and more. Marketing your home would be a delight!!!
Hi, I agree with the other agents. The best way to advertise your property is on the MLS. You may also want to include something about the sprinkler system that enables all of this greenery, especially if the sprinkler system has a warranty. As a buyer, that would be one of my concerns.
Justin,

Best bet is to have it listed in the MLS which is available to something like 27,000 full time Realtors. And whoever lists it should have a wide angle lens on a quality camera so that it really shows off the landscaping as well as the home.

Best of luck,

Brenda

Brenda & Ron Cunningham
West USA Realty
602-980-3133
http://allaboutphoenixmetrohomesforsale.com/

**Recognized in the Phoenix Business Journal as one of the Top 50 Realtors in the Valley**
Marketing! Work with your realtor. Get some really great pictures and get them in the multiple listing service. Get the pictures on the internet. Make sure your descriptions all talk about the landscaping. There are so many ways you can market this! See if your local nurserys will post a flyer about your house. Your realtor should have some ideas--brainstorm with him/her. Get some excitement going!! Good luck.
Ok, Justin, I just checked and your house is not listed for sell on the MLS.

What are you asking us to help you with?

Phyllis JC Anderson
Liberty One Realty
602-316-0115
Web Reference: http://www.YourAzCastle.com
Wow! You aren't kidding.
How many trees do you have on your property?

This really is a great selling feature.

And I'll ditto what Jane said.

The trick now is to get your home looking as great as the yard.

Buyers want SUPER clean which doesn't cost much!
Justin: Getting the word out to as many people as possible is the best solution. Listing your property with an agent who is motivated and has many sources of advertising it on the Internet will help also.

Different things appeal to different people...also, do ask some Realtors for advice for sprucing up the inside as well. A few small adjustments on the inside could make a big difference.

~~~