Home Selling in South Bend>Question Details

Madhavi Mann…, Home Seller in 51369 , milan ct

my home is on market for the last 6months, it is 4br house. advise me with the suggestions that i can use in

Asked by Madhavi Mannava, 51369 , milan ct Wed Dec 19, 2007

selling the house. 2 1/2 baths. with den and separate living and dinning room. sq. feet. 2500. we reduced the list price recently. but of no use.

Answers

5
Hi there - do not for a second think that your price reduction was of no use - if your home has not attracted showings - you've got a pricing problem. If you've had showings but no offers - the same is true. So you are on the right track, but haven't hit the sweet spot yet. I tell my sellers that we can do our best to set the price, but the answer is awaiting us - the market will respond with their interest or lack of it.

You will sell when you get it right, so don't give up, keep on keeping on. The prior poster is right on - your home must represent a great value for what it is - features, condition, property, community.

My suggestion is to revisit your pricing analysis and also take a hard look at the comparables. I always recommend assuming there is only one buyer coming through town interested in a property like yours. It is highly likely with inventory levels high that that buyer will have many choices. So your goal is to make a compelling case that you are the ONE to buy.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service
Web Reference: http://www.feenick.com
Your home has to be the best deal out there. Meaning condition and price.
Buyers will buy a foreclosed home even if it needs work due to the price.
Consider your home to be in a price war and a beauty contest and be willing to listen to the market when it comes to price.
There are high inventories and there are very few buyers, so the competition to sell is pressing prices down even further.
Madhavi,

I just looked at your house online. It is a beautiful house and my wife and I are very interested. I have someone looking at buying my house and should know something real soon. Please feel free to email mail me at j-bramer@sbcglobal.net.
I agree with Lara in the first response but the biggest thing that will cause your house to sell quickly is price. Every house will sell for the right price. It may not be the same price it was worth even six months ago but get an up to date market anlysis done again on your house and make sure you are priced to sell.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 22, 2007
Madhavi,

I do not work in your market but there are several things that can be done in any market to improve your position for selling your home outside of the normal comments you will receive.
Marketing is everything...make sure every Realtor in your area knows about this property. You could have your Realtor host a brokers open, send flyers, host an event...at the house...we had Santa come to Open Houses this time of year. Make sure the house is staged to perfection....clean...clean...clean. You could also be 100% sure your house is priced accordingly for the area. Promote it in Real Estate Magazines, TV, WEB, Classifieds, and everywhere possible.
Good Luck...this is just a tough time of year to sell.