Home Selling in 24590>Question Details

Princess, Home Seller in 24590

my ex husbands name is on the morgage loan but not on the title of the property it was in my name before we were married, i want to sell him the prope

Asked by Princess, 24590 Mon May 9, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:


I would suggest speaking with a real estate attorney to handle the transaction for you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 16, 2014
You would be best served by consulting with a real estate attorney.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 9, 2011
Consider consulting with an attorney for all related paperwork, he/she can best advise...
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 9, 2011
There is no problem selling him the property IF he can qualify for a loan that covers "buying you out" of your interest. You'd just do a quit claim at closing.

However, if he can't get a new loan, you won't be able to escape responsibility for the current loan.

Get some legal advice or study the options carefully.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon May 9, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer