Renesak, Home Seller in Yuba City, CA

my ex husband short saled the house I am now renting, the new owners want to sell the house. Can I purchase the house from him?

Asked by Renesak, Yuba City, CA Fri Mar 1, 2013

Answers

7
The only restriction may be if you were on the mortgage. Read the short sale paperwork for restrictions. If you wee not on the mortgage, you should have no liability to the amount shorted and there for no problems buying, if you were on the mortgage, then have a lawyer read everything to make sure.
I am not aware of any rule that would prevent you from purchasing the home provided you have financing available.
You should be able to buy it, however I would recommend you contact an attorney since some short sales may have an issue with the signed affidavit of an arms length transaction just to make sure you were not required to sign it, sometimes the buyer who now is the seller needs to keep property for a few months before he can sell it. So better to be safe than sorry and we as realtors can not give you any legal advice.
The previous short sale is not a restriction to you buying the house. If you can arrange to get a loan or pay cash it can be sold to you or even your ex if he wanted and could buy it.
Of course you can. As long as you can come to an agreement on price with the current owner and you have the finances to purchase you can buy a home.
Yes of course you can. Consult a lawyer just to be sure you were not attached to the deed in any way. Best of luck.
Hi

yes you can purchase the house. Please contact me for further assistance.