Home Selling in Cheboygan>Question Details

Richard Koen…, Both Buyer and Seller in Dewitt, MI

mullett lake sales ? Are lake front homes selling and if so how much less than assessed value?

Asked by Richard Koenigsknecht, Dewitt, MI Sat Mar 7, 2009

Answers

4
Since March of 2009, the property values for Mullett Lake homes have declined 10 - 20% annually.
Mullett Lake homes are selling, but only if sellers are willing to price their homes competitively and are willing to negotiate.
I was a Realtor in Cheboygan county for many years. If you are getting value of a property from the assessment then you are not giving correct information. Check with an assessor in the township of the property & you will find maybe 40% of value was used. Value of a property should be from comps. Ask the appraiser, not the assessor.
HI Richard,
Gino is absolutely right. For example, a recent sale on Mullett was for $700,000 while its assessed value was $681,000 which means the assesor felt its worth to be $1,362,000. There are some very good deals right now on Mullett along with a historically low interest rates. Call Geno or myself and we'll take care of you.
All homes are are assessed differently. Some are assessed higher than the market value and some are assessed less. If you would like a list of recent sales on Mullet Lake and what their assessed values were, then please feel free to email me. I am a Realtor with Coldwell Banker Northern Lakes . My email is geno@coldwellbanker.com

Geno D'Angelo
Web Reference: http://www.genodangelo.com