Tushar, Home Seller in Clermont, FL

market value of my house

Asked by Tushar, Clermont, FL Sat Mar 15, 2008

Answers

2
Tushar
For fun, go to http://www.zillow.com
For the correct answer, interview a couple of Realtors and let them give an assessment.
I would not recommend hiring the Realtor that gives you the highest price.

A home is worth what a willing and knowledgeable buyer will pay from a willing and able home seller. So the amount that you owe, the amount you have invested, and the amount you paid for the home do not have any bearing on the Fair Market Value (FMV).

Buyers shop in price ranges, so you need to have the Realtor show you similar homes, both recent sales, and homes currently on the market. When your home hits the market , know your competition. The right market price is 80% of marketing a home. Homes that are correctly priced and marketed generally will sell closest to asking price in the first 30 days of market time, so I advise against pricing high (so you have room to negotiate) and then lowering it if you do not receive showings or offers.

Price it right, which in a flat or downward trending market , you'll want to price slightly under market to attract the most buyers.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Mar 15, 2008
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
Tushar,
Keith's advice is good advice.......

The "Eckler Team"