David, Home Seller in San Francisco, CA

market value my home

Asked by David, San Francisco, CA Mon Apr 23, 2012

3 units 3500sq st Victorian flats circa 1880, 1 car parking... good condition on Pine at Divisadero.
Bought in 9/2006 for $1.4mill. What is value today?

Answers

11
Jed Lane; Fog City Guide’s answer
Why do you want a valuation? Do you want to sell it?
Any agent can run comps and give you an opinion but without more data it would be just an opinion.
If it is a rental property the value to a buyer is based on their return on investment. If its vacant and can be sold as TICs the value to buyers is completely different.
What do you want for the property?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 23, 2012
Jed Lane; Fog…, Real Estate Pro in San Francisco, CA
Can't answer without knowing following: How many units are tenant occupied? What are rents? Are any tenants protected? What is the composition of each tenant "group" (i.e. number of occupants, children, seniors, etc.). Also, does the building have any history of owner move in evictions?

Rent control plays a large role in how we evaluate a building and the way these questions are answered will have a significant impact on the property's value.

I may have left some of the questions out. Other Realtors will probably chime in with more if I missed some.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 23, 2012
Hi David,

We have a condo listed right up the street from you at 2758 Pine Street in a two unit building. If you'd like me to stop in and take a look to let you know my opinion, drop me a line. All the Best, Lance
David,

I require more information to provide a reliable preliminary price range for your property. How come you haven't contacted the agent who represented you in the 2006 purchase to help you with this analysis? Are you looking for a new representation? If so, I would like to be considered for an interview to be your listing agent.

Feel free to contact me directly at your convenience.

Oggi Kashi - 415.690.3792 direct
Broker Associate, Paragon Real Estate Group CA DRE 01844627

truonly
Web Reference: http://www.oggikashi.com/
Hi David,

So many questions that would need answers before even providing at a $ range. As a professional I would need to view the property with you, take into consideration all the relevant information before giving you a price. Others have stated some of the important questions so I won't repeat them here.

For a consultation contact me directly, 729-4189
I'd like to chime in again and reinforce Gabrielle's point about Zillow. Online estimates are just about useless for income properties in San Francisco because they don't factor in the nuances of rent control and how substantially it can affect the value of a building. The best way to find out what the building is really worth is to call a good Realtor who knows how to evaluate these kinds of properties.
David,
The answer depends on a number of things.
Are the units tenant occupied? Were they all occupied when you purchased the building?
It also depends on the square footage of the building.
All things being considered, the property could be worth from $1,500,000 to $2,000,000.
COntact me if you want a free, no obligation evaluation of the property.
Steve Gallagher
Coldwell Banker
415-250-3779
DRE 01193002
Hi-As has been said, there's details that can't be overlooked. I was also a certified appraiser before being a realtor, so feel free to contact me and I'll provide you with a market analysis at no cost. Thanks and hope I can help. -Matt Ciganek

http://www.sfpropertyreport.com
415-240-9901
David,

The best way to provide you a reasonably accurate market value for your 3-unit building is by viewing the building, then running comps, analyzing numbers, and taking into consideration the items Cece posted below as well as what upgrades or renovations you may have added to the building. Clearty, you can also go onto sites such as Zillow and get a Zestimate, which is in most cases off considerably. Still it can provide you a starting point.

Feel free to call me at 415-200-7202.
I would be glad to give you a free CMA; Comparable Market Analysis.. Please contact me:

Warmest Regards,
Manzar D. Azari, MBA, Broker, Realtor
Founder/President
"2012, Top Women Owned Business in CA"

http://www.theazarigroup.com
(415) 377-4115
David,

It's impossible to assess your property without having a visual inspection. If you'd like to know what it's worth if sold today I can provide a market analysis-feel free to contact me.

Lizete
Web Reference: http://www.LizeteSantos.com