sara, Home Buyer in 08816

is there any reliable and good home warranty company for homes in newjersey?cany anyone name a few?

Asked by sara, 08816 Sat Oct 27, 2007

Answers

15
Hi Sara,

My company, RE/MAX The Real Estate LEADERS, recommends using American Home Shield.

When something breaks in your home, you just call the Customer Service number or visit http://www.ahs.com and place a service request. You're then assigned a service contractor to handle your covered request. The service contractor will schedule a time to diagnose and repair your problem. You pay a $95 Trade Service Call Fee to each service contractor of a different trade who visits your home to diagnose a problem. The charges could be more, depending on the issue.

The best part is that service requests are UNLIMITED during your contract term.

I've had clients who decided to go with AHS and all have been extremely satisfied with their service, when needed. There are a ton of different options that you can choose as well, which gives the new homeowner a lot of flexibility.

If you have any questions or would like a more in-depth description of AHS's services, please feel free to contact me.

River Giberson
RE/MAX The Real Estate LEADERS
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 9, 2013
My agency uses AHS (American Home Shield) and I only have positive feedback from my clients. I also use them personally to cover my home. Good Luck
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Oct 30, 2007
I would recommend AHS Warranty http://www.americanhomeshield.com - This is a national company with whom I have referred all of my clients to. I have used them to cover my own properties and would highly recommend them.
Web Reference: http://www.isellroxbury.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2007
I am a living witness that AHS sucks....they reel you in by responding to small issues ...but after you've had them for years .......they don't come through for you....they repair ,,,,but promise to replace but don't replace....the sad thing about this is....because all the other warranty companies are really bad....they make AHS look good. AHS failed to replace my Air Unit after putting a big hole in my wall...leaving it there during the summer months of 100+ degrees for 5 weeks...did not pay for alternate cooling nor accomodations...and failied to replace the Unit after agreeing and promising to do so and it was in my contract that they would absolutely replace it.....their excuse? the contractor couldn't find a relpacement unit...so they wrote me a $340.00 check and said the rest would come...but later told me that was their assessment of what it cost to replace an entire Air conditioning Unit, parts and labor.....I had to solicit SEARS on my account ...and they found and replaced the unit in three days...parts and labor cost me $2,500.00 in addition to what I was paying AHS in my contract until "THEY DROPPED ME with a notice in the mail stating "thye no longer will be honoring my renewal like they had 7 years before like clock work. Why? I was a Litigant in the Class Action Suit , and after the Suit was finalized and they had paid most of the Litigants but not all...they dropped me and the other customers they refused to pay claims to ....Ys, they cna and did do that . The worst thing about this story is they have had a Class Action Suit filed against them and managed to fail to pay all Litigants and are still in full scale operation...(don't most companies have to file bankrupt to get out of class action suits? well they didn't...they just didn't pay...Also they currently dominate consolidation with Mortgage Companies, other repair companies and other big businesses by holding contracts with them longer than other warranty companies...that's why they can cheat the little home owner out of his money.. and manage to survive a class action suit....THEY GET THE BIG BUCKS.... don't believe it ? continue to read and look at all the AHS recommendations from the businesses on this page...It's astonishing and ought to be monitored by legal representatives ......but they're not. What a great enterprise system the good old USA has. people are literally cheated out of their money by being offered services ..but the services are never rendered.......but it's the customers fault for entering into a contract with them because of a need....not the fault of AHS nor any other company like them....they have the right to cheat and scam you legally......PAID A LOT ..... CHEATED OUT OF A LOT MORE.....
I agree with this guy. Had them for years with no repairs...then I had a few repairs. At the end of the year they would not renew me!
Flag Sun Sep 7, 2014
Sensible Home Warranty is a total scam outfit. I bought a 3-year policy in September, 2012 for $900, and used it twice. The first time I ended up getting my hot water heater replaced, which was good, but found out later that the plumbing company had enormous difficulty getting reimbursed. They ending up calling Sensible Home Warranty multiple times a day for weeks on end until they finally managed to get paid, and of course vowed never to do business with Sensible again. The second time an electrician fixed a wiring problem, but again wasn't getting reimbursed. The electrician sent letters to me and other Sensible customers he'd done work for, threatening to put a Mechanics Lien on our properties. He didn't want to do that, but felt he had no choice; if he had waited any longer the legal deadline would have passed. After enormous efforts, including me making numerous calls to Sensible to demand they pay him, they finally ponied up.

At that point I cancelled my policy which had two years left on it, and asked for a pro-rata refund as specified in my contract. After several email exchanges, their salesman agreed that I was due the money. But of course they never sent it. I called and emailed repeatedly, and was told it was on its way, or that it would take 10 business days, or that the service representative would contact the billing department, but nothing ever happened. When I asked to speak to a supervisor, the supervisor was always at lunch or on break and would call me back later but never did. I'd be given the billing department's phone number and always get it's voicemail and never a call back. I considered filing a small claims court lawsuit, but would have had to try to serve notice in New York (I'm in California) at considerable cost. And even after winning such a lawsuit I probably couldn't have attached any assets to get Sensible to pay the judgement.

So it looks like Sensible Home Warranty will get away with screwing another customer (me). I can only hope that they will quickly go bankrupt before they rip off too many more people, and perhaps one day the company officers will go to jail for fraud. In the meantime, I'll add my voice to the many other warnings, so that potential buyers will know the mess they will be in for and potential contractors will know to avoid Sensible Home Warranty like the plague.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 17, 2014
Ace Homeowner Virginia- Sensible was a nightmare. They promised to cover what my other home warrenty covered and until I saw it in writing, after I paid my premium I realized they didn't. It took multiple calls from the service provider and myself - months later before they paid the only repair they covered. After that they haven't covered anything broken. It's been a nightmare!
Any Reliable home warranty companies in northern nj
Look into American Home Shield (don't have the number offhand, but you can google them). They are not based in NJ(I think they are in FL) but they cover all the states and have an 800 number. I have used them many times as well as other agents in my company. There is a $100 service fee, and the pay for any repairs that are covered over that amount. They also offer replacements on certain items.
Flag Tue May 21, 2013
Steer clear from Sensible Home Warranty. They collect premiums but never pay the contractor. Hundreds of complaints. Use PO box. I think they work out of the trunk of their car and/ or motel room. They find any excuse to not pay or not honor a claim. They should be in jail.
Our company uses Home Trust for home warranty. Feedback on quality and timeliness of service has been excellent. Great way to relieve anxiety of prospective buyer. I always ask the seller to provide this on all my offers as a standard practice.
Shieldstar worked for me!! they were so quick to get my appliances fixed when i called!!! they're so reliable
Hi NJ Home

American Home Shield is the company that my company recommends to our sellers and buyers. It is a national company, and very well respected in the industry.

The seller may take out the policy, and is covered during the entire listing period for the items specified in the plan they select. There are various options to choose from . A repair service call is $95.00. Any amount for repairs over that is covered by AHS.......if certain items can't be repaired, they will be replaced. Of course, there is a lot of small print you need to read, and I can't possibly go into details here, but I am just giving you a general overview.

When taken out by the seller, this policy is paid out of the proceeds at closing. It transfers to the buyers for a period of 1 year, and they can pay to renew if they so choose..

Buyers can take out a policy, too, if the sellers didn't already have one in place. Sometimes after a questionable home inspection, sellers have offered this policy as a way to reassure the buyers, and give them peace of mind that there won't be any huge, unexpected repairs/expenses.

I'd be happy to go into more detail with you, and provide you with a brochure if you'd like.
Please feel free to reach out to me at your convenience.

Best wishes,
Debbie Rose

email: Debbie.Rose@PrudentialNewJersey.com
Prudential New Jersey Properties
I bought my house two years ago and I was with AHS, they were beyond EXCELLENT. The n I thought I will save some money and had a contract with National Home Protection, a decision I still regret after all those months, The WORST Home warranty ever and a bunch of liars. I also heard from a friend the that Nations are good.
I have used AHS for years, both a other brokerages, and at Peninsula Realty Group, now. I have had clients file claims and been satisfied w/ the results.
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
First American Home Warranty and Alliance Home Warranties. They are both owned by First American Corp.

Deep, Deep, Deep Pockets. When buying any kind of insurnce you want a company that has the ability to have a thousand furnaces go out and can still pay.
I'm not sure how good they are, but my company has an affiliation with HomeTrust. They are recommended by LRE, leading real estate companies of the world, so they must be ok. If you contact me through my website, I'll send you out a brochure that details the coverage, prices, etc.
Web Reference: http://www.dianeglander.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 27, 2007