Home Selling in Old Westbury>Question Details

Babs, Home Seller in Old Westbury, NY

is there a ranking of the brokers in Old Westbury-?

Asked by Babs, Old Westbury, NY Sat Apr 26, 2008

from who sold the most homes in the past year to who sold the least

Answers

6
Brittany Dean’s answer
Hello, since you posted this a few months ago you may already have sold or listed your home. If not though, I am a mother-daughter team with my mother Lucie Dean. We service all of Long Island and would love to help you out. I can tell you one thing, having two agents will double the dedication needed in this tough market! Feel free to contact either Brittany Dean 516-376-2580 and Lucie Dean 516-353-9965 if you want any further assistance.
Old Westbury is very high end place with lots of Wall street exposure. Unfortunately the ecomomic situation for sellers in Old Westbury is not good. If you need money, drop your prices by 10% below the market and sell. I expect homes that sold for 3 million in old westbury in 2005 could sell below 1.7 million by early 2010. not many brokers want to tell you the truth, but the fundamentals there are not good. 1.8 mllion dollar homes in 2005 will sell below 1,050,000 by 2010. I wish I had cheerier news for you
If you are looking for a ranking, Google ranks http://www.OldWestburyLuxuryHomes.com #1 for Old Westbury homes.

I am guessing that you might be asking this question because you are seeking an agent? If that is your purpose, I strongly advise you to not base your decison upon number of units sold or number of listings. 'Within any MLS there will be many members who have sold zero or 1 properties within a year.

I don't have stats for Westbury, and I have nothing to gain based upon who you hire. If hiring an agent is your motive, please come back and repost. I will be happy to discuss why I don't recommend volume of units as a criteria.

Deborah
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
Dear Babs,

While not available to the public at large, market share is available to realtors through their Multiple Listing Service.

Realtors both market and sell homes. A Realtor who sells the greatest number of homes in an area such as Old Westbury may or may not be the most qualified agent or office to market your home for sale. Marketing a home in Old Westbury, is comparable to marketing a home in Kings Point, Roslyn Harbor, The Brookvilles, Muttontown, etc. - where buyers are seeking a particular lifestyle and most homes tend to be unique and on larger propertie, requires specialized knowledge of the area, the particular school district that home is part of and the buyers being sought.

As I am fully familiar with the Old Westbury area and our office has successfully marketed properties in these areas, including Old Westbury, please feel free to contact me by phone: (516)410-3594 or by email: arlynn@arlynnpalmer.com to discuss and arrange an appointment to review the possible marketing strategies that might be utilized in selling your home.

Please feel free to contact me with all of your real estate questions - and visit http://www.arlynnpalmer.com for Complimentary Seller Reports as well as my Monthly Newsletter and other valuable real estate information - I look forward to hearing from you!

Arlynn
Web Reference: http://www.arlynnpalmer.com
The stats you are requesting are available to Realtors through the Realtors' version of MLSl.

It sounds to me like you are looking to hire a Realtor to market your home. In my opinion,, there are two kinds of agents; selling agents and marketing agents. Do you really want to hire a selling agent to market your home?

Marketing agents can be anywhere in the State and will market your property to ALL 25,050 agents on the Long Island Board of Realtors and they will ALL be encouraged to come in and sell your house.

If you would like further information regarding this, feel free to contact me offline at Gail@GailGladstone.com.
Web Reference: http://GailGladstone.com