Nej, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

is it a good time to sell my home?

Asked by Nej, Philadelphia, PA Fri Dec 2, 2011

Answers

15
Hi Nej,

No. It is not a good time to sell your home. I will have to disagree with everyone else who has posted. The holidays are a terrible time to put your house up on the market. Yes, there are some buyers out there, but much less than after the new year. If I were you I would wait until the end of January.

Call me anytime at 267-342-1856 if you have any further questions. Thank you and best of luck!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011
The best time to sell a home is when YOU have a reason to.
Nej,
We have become a society that moves on the decision of others not of our own. The best answer is take control of your life and do the best thing that makes the best sense for YOU.
Trends like fashion, in music, or holidays dictate our course of action and find ourselves humming songs that we really never liked but grow on us from repetition. We shoppe till we drop on command because we have to.
We buy a home because interest rates were never this or that low. We buy cars, computers, televisions appliances because ours are made to be obsolete . We buy phones because we think we can live without them.
The real question is can you live without your home? Would your life improve if you sold your house today rather next year? This is a grown up question where there is one answer that counts and it's yours.

Buying or selling a house should never be manipulated by banks, governments. You will never loose on owning a home if you bought it for a purpose. In the recent years many of us are led to believe that home owners lost at least 30-50% of their values. If you are gullible you will believe it.
Just ask yourself if you were renting say for five years and decided to buy how much of the money you paid on rent would be credited to you ? Show me hows you get back one penny of those years of renting?
Millions are doing just that and I don't here them whimper. Paying just $1000 per month over 5 years is likely to cost for four walls $60,000. That is more money than the average person buys a house with.
The people that walked away from their homes on a large scale did because it became a national trend.
Those that kept it did it for reasons that have nothing to do with trends. They stayed because no matter what some one told them what their house was worth to them it was wort more and they decided to keep it.
I like people that are not swayed by popularity but think for themselves and take the blame or credit for their actions. If we just accepted that life throws us a curve now and than the best solution is to be prepared for it.
No one will ever feel sorry for you or help you keep your head above the water but yourself.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 4, 2011
Hi Nej,
Great question. Homes sell at all times of the year. Each season will have its own set of challenges and opportunities whether it's the holiday season or summer recess. If you've thought about the "what's next" decisions and answered those questions for you and/or your family, then anytime is a great time to sell.
I'd be more than happy to sit down with you and talk about your options and opportunity to sell in today's market. Have a great day!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011
It really depends on your situation and your goals for selling. 19131 is a very poplular zip code right now for home buyers.
If you would like a market analysis at any point, please feel free to contact me:

Amanda Saunders, MBA
Prudential Fox and Roach
(215-514-9597
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011
Nej, please review the current market on my site here:
http://www.homefinder360.com/mimarket/zip/19131

Info updates daily.

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
In PA 215.735.2225
In NJ 856.617.1212
axelson@kurfiss.com
http://www.kurfiss.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 4, 2011
Dear Nej,
The fall season's is traditionally not a good time to list a home for sale. Many potential buyers are busy with Holiday and family and vacations..and not in the house buying mood. That doesn't meant homes don't sell now, they do.
If you are prepared to price it correctly for the market, you should be able to sell.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011
My name is Scott Maritzer and I live in the 19151 zip code and could easily meet with you to better understand your home, your needs and help you make that decision.

Please email me at scott.maritzer@prufoxroach.com if you wish to set up a meeting or call me at 267-240-1911.

In general the market is not a sellers market and the buyer pool is limited. High supply and low demand, but reverse thinking if you sell your home now your lined up to find a great deal on your next home and have the power on that next purchase.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011

No, In general this is not the best time to list your property for sale, however it does depend on certain factors other than the seasonality of market cycles. Perhaps looking at what is currently on the market in your area, the pricing, and the inherent uniqueness of your individual property could merit listing your home now.
-
Thomas Groll
The Condo Shop
cell: 215-620-9994
email tom@thecondoshops.com
main office 215-692-6636
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011
Every day you do not sell is one day closer to the day interest rates go up!! Previous to last year the average mortgage rate over the previous 40 years was 9%. You could hold out for an extra $5,000 - $20,000 on the home you are selling and end up paying $100,000+ on the one you are buying.

Also, when rates rise, the pool of buyers that can afford you home shrinks making it harder to find a buyer. Good luck, hope my observations are helpful,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011
Thank you all, I appreciate your expertise and honest responses. I am looking to sell within the next 6 months. Preferably June 2012
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011
Nej, also current Market situation allows buyers to borrow with the lowest % in 50 years. You can buy more house for less money.

Alex
267 738 0886
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011
Nej,
It's never a bad time to sell, just some times are better than others.
Once we stage your home properly, market it to the right targeted buyers
and price it right, homes do sell in a rather short peroid of time. Though not usually
within hours and days as they did in the boom years.
If you would like my assistance, please feel free to call me at 215-779-2674.

Andrew Brown
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011
Nej,
It depends on you. Are you ready to move? If in your mind you are ready to take this step than yes. As long as your home is priced well it will sell not matter what kind of market it is. If you need any help or advise with getting your property ready contact me$ I am more than happy to get together to view your property.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011
Absolutely agree with Anna. If you are ready to sell and move on why not.
If you are currently not working with an agent please contact me @ 267 738 0886. I have been servicing Philadelphia, Bucks and Montgomery county for over 6 years. I would be a please to represent you.

Our company has one of the Best Search Engine Optimization programs in the business. Your home will be visible to millions of buyers.

Alexander Shulzhenko
Realty Mark Cityscape
Web Reference: http://www.eRealtyFind.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011
If you are ready to sell, and need to sell why not consider the idea; buyers do exist year round....
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 2, 2011