Home Selling in McKinney>Question Details

Diane, Home Buyer in McKinney, TX

is it a good time to buy new construction in McKinney texas?

Asked by Diane, McKinney, TX Sun Aug 29, 2010

Answers

11
It is always a good time to buy new or resale in McKinney Texas. If you are needing a quality custom builder, go to our website http://www.pblp.com and you can see the quality of custom building done by Paul Billingsly, Builders. We also can help you find a resale home and if you need to update or add on or make improvements, we do that also! We are your all around team!
Web Reference: http://www.pblp.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 6, 2010
Here is a link to some great info in McKinney, it contains a wealth of helpful services.

http://www.mckinneytexas.org/Index.aspx?NID=127
My opinion based on a very recent transaction (last week) is that this is a great time to purchase a new build in McKinney. We have multiple new neighborhoods either going up or being completed, (Shiloh, Shiloh Lakes, Prestwyck, Kensington, Silver Oak, Live Oak Creek, Miramonte, just to name a few) and the builders are in heavy competition with each other. Sure, when you go in some will play tough and they will tell you they "don't negotiate" but if you have an experienced buyer's agent to handle the negotiation you will be happy in the end. After working with 2 builders in the neighborhood of my client's choice we were able to take a "we don't negotiate" situation to a purchase agreement where my client didn't have to sacrifice any of his key features, and at the price with which he was comfortable. It's all about the service your agent provides, so make sure that you choose someone that you are comfortable with...after speaking with them in person!
Good answer Linda...Smart agents out in TX :)
There are many builders in McKinney that are still offering incentives. As Bruce said you do want to get your own representation, the builders agents work for the builder not you, a realtor can negotiate with the builder and represent your interests. I worked in new construction for many years and while it is fun to choose your own materials it is also not easy as there are lots of decisions to be made, there is value in a newer resale i.e. landscaping, window coverings, etc that you won't have to pay for. People who bought 3 years ago are having to reduce their prices and so there are some great buys there. If you have your heart set on new than go for it, especially if you plan on living there for a while. If you would like some help I would be happy to discuss your options with you in any case good luck to you.
Hi Diane, I have written a four part blog about whether it is the right time to buy. It is not specific to McKinney, but you may find it informative to understand the WHOLE decision making process. I hope you find it handy -- please feel free to leave comments. The link is referenced below.
In my opinion, it's a much better time to be a resale buyer in McKinney, TX. McKinney is still somewhat saturated in resale homes - especially in the luxury price points of $350,000 to over $1,000,000. Case in point, check out 4700 Canvasback, McKinney, TX 75070. $644,900 ahead of the recession, this one fell out of contract in March and is now $494,000 - even though there is an appraisal from March at $515k. I put the link to the tour for that home below.

New construction - many of the builders are still in recovery mode, and their prices are going up and are much firmer than they were before the recession. It's a mixed bag right now, and there aren't a lot of finished specs from which to choose. In my opinion, new construction is a better buy in Prosper and Celina than it is in McKinney right now.
What is your plan? Are you looking for an investment property to lease? Are you looking to move? How long will you reside in the house? The downside with new construction, especially in underdeveloped areas is that if you plan to sell relatively quickly you will have to compete with the new homes in the neighborhood. If you could give me your plan, I can better point you in a good direction.
It is a very good time to buy in McKinney; builders have inventory; make sure you hire a realtor, as the builder will let them know of "specials" that the builder may not let you know of otherwise; they want the realtor(s) to bring back more clients. Also, don't forgo an inspection; there are many things found during the new construction inspection that you will want the builder to correct, prior to closing. I also recommend having an inspection just prior to your 1 or 2 yr builder warranty expiration. bruce@selectinspect.com
YES it is a great time purchase a home with interests low !

Best use a Realtor where you understand terms and conditions of contract w/o being sued.

Lynn911.com
Web Reference: http://www.lynn911.com
Hi Diane,

Right now is a great time to buy. Most builders are offering great incentives on inventory homes and interest rates are still pretty low. McKinney is ranked #5 by Money Magazine on the " Best Places to Live!" I will be happy to assist you on finding your new home! I can email you a list of available inventory homes in McKinney. As a thank you to my clients, I offer a 20% rebate of my commission that will be credited to you at closing. Again, it's my way of saying, "Thank You!"

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience. I look froward to hearing from you soon!

Make it a Blessed Day!

Tamika Turner, Realtor
William Davis Realty
Cell: (972) 697-1178
Fax: (682) 222-1049
Email: Info@NewHomesInDFW.net