Home Selling in Lafayette>Question Details

Courtney Jac…, Home Buyer in Lafayette, IN

im selling my house on contract but we havent signed anything yet and wondering if i can back out. she lives in the house and is operating a daycare.

Asked by Courtney Jacoba-logsdon, Lafayette, IN Mon Mar 18, 2013

i have asked her multiple timea to provide me with a copy of the liabilty insurance policy and she hasnt. she is also behind on the utility bills that are in my name and they are at risk of being turned off. she also isnt giving me the amount of money that we agreed on. can i back out and tell her to leave?

Answers

4
You need to consult an attorney. Call Dave Poelstra, he is familiar with thesse type of sales. His cell is 479-1161. Pleas call me if you want to list it after this is finished.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 18, 2013
thank you for your help. i guess i need to add that there is not a contract even writin up
Without a contract you are in a situation where you would need to probably file for eviction. Although not having a lease or other type of contract is a bad situation and consulting an attorney is a good idea. For eviction Tom Herr is probably the best bet.
Flag Mon May 19, 2014
When it comes to contract and legal issues, no matter which way, and I hope if and when you agreed to a certain amount of monthly rent, and payment of all utility bills that you have such in writing, signed and dated by both parties, which each party of same.... But besides that, only an attorney can look at the
exact situation and look at the contract and give you correct and legal advice. As Realtors we can NOT give legal advice.
Good Luck to you

Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago, North Shore & Northern Illinois Expert
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and
Investors alike....And always with a SMILE :)

Covering for @Properties Chicago & suburbs, and with her trusted Partner
Agents US & world wide properties. French, German, some Spanish &more EdithSellsHomes@atproperties.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at http://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
Get to know me! Learn about my experience, expertise, services! Read letters
of recommendation! Sign up to search for properties in my expanded service area.
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)
Courtney:

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

I'm afraid that the questions you ask are only answerable by an attorney. Most of here are mere Real Estate professionals, wholly unqualified to give legal advice.

If you need a recommendation for someone locally, I'd be glad to help.

Joe Shoemaker
Principal Broker, REALTOR®
MacDuff Realty Group, LLC
317 413.8501
joe@joeshoe.com
http://www.facebook.com/joeshoe
http://twitter.com/#!/jojosmojo