Home Selling in Hazlet>Question Details

Sue, Home Seller in Hazlet, NJ

im selling my home and have received bids already do i need a real estate agent?

Asked by Sue, Hazlet, NJ Thu Apr 23, 2009

Answers

4
Sue: You don't need an agent to sell your own home but you do need a good real estate attorney to review the contracts and help you through the selling process. If you are satisfied with the bids ask all buyers to give their highest and best price OR give them all the same counter offer and see if anyone would like to increase their bids. Since you said bids, plural, I'm assuning there are more than one. I'm curious to find out how you came up with pricing on your own in this market? Make certain all buyer submit a pre-approval letter with their offer so you can reasonably assume they will get financing. Another option is to give all the offers to your attorney and have he/she help you. You'll pay more but its worth the expert advice. Good Luck to you,

Camille Miller
Broker/Owner
Just Jersey Properties
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 23, 2009
Hi Sue,
If you have a written offer from a pre-approved buyer than you can contact a real estate attorney to complete the transaction. However, you have to make sure the bids are from ready, willing and able buyers otherwise it is best to list your home with a real estate agent who will help find that buyer and look out for your best interest during the transaction.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Heather Daccurso
Weichert Realtors 732-580-5309
Email: heather@heatherdaccurso.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 23, 2009
No, you can go directly to a real estate attorney with the contract who will most likely chage you a bit more for actting as an agent, but no where near what an agent whll charge you.

I would be intresting in nowing the addres/location as I have a property listed in Raritan Valley and wuld like to use it for comparison purposes.

Francesca,,Realtor, ePr
Francesca@PatrizioRe.com
Web Reference: http://www.PatrizioRe.com
Congratualtions on the offers! Are they written offers or verbal?

If verbal, contact an attorney and have him write a contract that will include the price, deposit schedule, mortgage information, inspection periods and state required disclosures (lead paint, if built before'78, etc).

If they are written offers get them to an attorney as soon as possible. Once executed (signed by both buyer and seller) the state mandated attorney review period begins. You only have three days to amend the contract.

Again congratulations and good luck!

Laura Giannotta
Keller Williams Atlantic Shore