Home Selling in Reno>Question Details

Wbonasera, Home Buyer in Reno, NV

if a title read morrison or whitley can either one sel without theother?

Asked by Wbonasera, Reno, NV Sun Apr 1, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


It's possible but would require one of the parties to remove interest by executing a quit claim deed. However, if the party who deeds off the title is listed as a borrower or co-borrower on the mortgage, they are still obligated to the mortgage securing the property.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 2, 2012
A title company would review your copy of the Deed and let you know how to proceed and what needs to be done to pass a clear title
Flag Sat Apr 26, 2014
Sorry, not enough information to properly answer this question. I would advise you to contact a title insurance company. The title/escrow companies insure and take responsibility that assures the new buyer "a clear title to the property". Most of the time the title company is going to require all named parties on a deed to sign off on the sale before Title Insurance is issued.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 1, 2012
both signatures are required.......so the simple answer to your question........ is "no"
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 1, 2012
Both parties (Morrison and Whitley) must mutually execute in order to provide a clean reconveyance. Both parties can always execute a quick claim deed in order to remove one from title allowing the one party to be removed from title and the other to sell if desired though this will not release them from any mortgage obligation if both are on the mortgage.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 1, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Home > Nevada > Washoe County > Reno > Home Selling in Reno > Question
Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer