Philly1920, Home Seller in Eastwick/Southwest P...

i would like to sell my home as is. i currently live in southwest philadelphia. do you have any advice?

Asked by Philly1920, Eastwick/Southwest Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA Wed Jul 7, 2010

Answers

13

I have sold quite a few homes in SW. I am listing another one this weekend at 2041 S. Salford St. (60th & Kingsessing). Definitely follow mopst of the good advice offered by other Realtors. I agree with Michael Cohen. Do the bare minimum basics and then price it to sell competitively.

I'd be happy to drop by one day and look at it to give you my professional opinion. Please call me or e-mail me in advance with the address of the property. I'll e-mail you a CMA ahead of meeting you at the property.

Have a great week. I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Larry Lichtman
REALTOR, Property Manager
Your Real Estate Resource For Life
CELL (267) 254-7994
LarrySellsRealEstate@gmail.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Jul 7, 2010
You can interview three agents who sell in the area and get their opinion on as is listing, and also fixed up value. You have been given good advice by others. There are some inexpensive things you can do to get a higher price. If the house shows nice you can sell faster and net more money. There are buyers who look for fixer uppers so you can also sell it as is if priced right .
Web Reference: http://www.gitabantwal.com
If I understand what your saying, it sounds like you have a home you would like to sell that may need some repairs or updates but you don't want to do them.

Why would you want to turn off any potential buyers of your home by shutting down the negotiation process before they even see the place?

Why not just list the house at fair market value, highlight the best features, fill out the seller's property disclosure honestly and truthfully, and let the buyers decide what they are willing to negotiate for or against. You don't have to accept any or every offer that comes in front of you, and there will be negotiable issues with every offer.

All houses are sold as-is. The risk of loss is with the buyer. That is why there are so many contingencies available to the buyer in an agreement of sale, so they can perform the due diligence required to mitigate their risk.

When you insist on "as-is" in the description, you are saying more about you then you are about the house. Potential buyers may come to realize that the house needs some work after performing inspections. They may get the impression that you will be a stubborn seller and decide not to even consider it if you indicate an unwillingness to negotiate.

Just my opinion.

Hope that helps. Good luck and I wish you best.

Joe Sheehan
RE/Max Professional Realty, Inc.
Exton, PA 19341
Office: (610) 363-8444
Philly,
When I'm listing a property and the Sellers say they want to offer the home "As-Is", my next question to them is "May I ask why?" Usually the Sellers say it's because they want to maximize the amount they walk away with from the sale.

If this is your situation, I understand where you're coming from. However, listing a home "As-Is" can often backfire. When you look at it as a Buyer would, the Buyer is thinking "What's wrong with this home? They must be selling it this way because it needs a lot of repairs. This kind of thinking can lead to a "lowball" offer.

I believe a much better time to deal with this issue is not at the time you list your home, but rather, when an offer comes in. If you feel you want to put a limit on your repair costs, your agent can help you determine a reasonable dollar amount during negotiations. Good luck.

Warm regards,
Maggie Hawk, REALTOR
(386) 314-1149
Watson Realty Corp.
If you want to sell your home with as is condition you should prepare for low prices offers. There are many foreclosure, HUD, short sale properties.. on market right now in Southwest Philadelphia and most of them are selling with as is condition and below market price. If you put yours on market your property will compete with them.... if your home is not in a very bad condition fix all little thing, clear clutters, paint it, cut grass... before put it on regular market. Any question email me at hanh@drhanh.net, you could make a search home sale at www,drhanh.net. Good luck.
Web Reference: http://drhanh.net
Hello, Philly1920

You can certainly sell your home "as is", however, the condition will help to determine the price. Would you like to know what homes in your neighborhood are selling for? Just go to http://www.carolworks4you.com and get a free market snapshot sent directly to your email address. You can also check out http://www.pahomesandloans.com/seller-info.asp and help yourself to lots of important information.

When you are ready to chat...just let me know. I just sold 7046 Reedland Street.

Carol Cei
ReMax Action Realty
215-643-9661
215-358-1100 x1223
carolcei@remax.net
Web Reference: http://www.carolcei.com
It's difficult to say you want to sell as is because the question will be raised what is as is i have helped many sellers navigate through this process please fell free to contact me for more information on how to sell your home.
Web Reference: http://www.jimmyzanaras.com
By transferring risk from yourself to a potential buyer, be prepared to offer the home at a major discount to current comparables, unless the property is showroom ready.
make sue all the little things are fixed, the grass is cut, remove the clutter an price it to sell. Email me I can do a CMA for you. this will give you an idea what the houses in your area are selling for.
Michael Cohen 610-642-0347
Should be a fairly easy process. Feel free to contact me with the details.
Selling a home in 'as-is' condition is not difficult, in fact it can be the fastest and easiest way to sell a home. However, you should plan on getting less for the property than you would in a traditional sale where you're open to negotiating repairs. I'd be happy to take a look at your property and give you an idea of what it could sell for in as-is condition.

James Yoakum - Realtor, SFR
Brown McKinney Real Estate
1631 W. Cabot St.
Philadelphia, PA 19121
office: 215-825-2250 x.1002
cell: 267-496-7739
fax: 610-910-3046
jyoakum@brownmckinney.com
Im assuming it needs some work? If so you will want to market a 203 Renovation loan to potential buyers if they do not have a realtor who is knowledgeable on this kind of loan package.

If you plan on listing the home with a realtor or not, make sure the home is priced right, is as cleaned up as you can by removing any items you do not need in the home so it shows well, good photos, and lots of exposure through online advertising.

You are more than welcome to email me at sean.dawes@LNF.com if you want.

Sean Dawes
Your agent and or attorney can best advise--not knowing the condition of the property not an easy question to answer. Be mindful that if financing is involved, the lender may require certain things be done--again your agent and or attorney can best advise.