Diane Fay, Home Seller in Chicago, IL

i would like to list Condo, Loft for sale by owner

Asked by Diane Fay, Chicago, IL Thu Mar 5, 2009

Answers

5
Diane,

For Sale By Owner is not a bad thing, however it does entail some extra work on your part, that a Realtor can help you with should you decide to list with a Realtor instead of By Owner. For starters be prepared to take a number of calls if you sell By Owner. You will have serious buyers calling but also some curious people or potential sellers in your building calling to see what price you are selling your property for, amenities and other questions they might have. Usually a Realtors office or the Agent will handle these calls for you. You will need to market your property properly, you can start by listing it with a Buy Owner website, place flyers in the local coffee shop and let your friends know. Keep in mind that a Realtor has the tool of the MLS which should you decide to go with a Realtor your property will be listed on.

Please keep one important thing in mind when selling By Owner, SAFETY! Realtors when showing a home are dealing with qualified clients who they may have been working with for some time. As a By Owner you are inviting strangers int your house that you really do not know who they have been qualified and how serious they are.

I wish you the best of luck and should you decide to go with a Realtor please feel free to give me a call. You can e-mail me at gusdrugas@gmail.com or feel free to call me at 773-354-2933.

Gus Drugas
Betancourt Realty
773-342-7211 Office
773-354-2933 Cell
Hello Diane,

There are allot of pro's and con's in listing your own property. Its best to do some research on what you will need not only to market your property correctly but to list it at the right price. You will also need a good attorney that can help with all the legal documents and follow ups you will have to do. It certainly will be a good learning experience and it is up to you if you really want to use your loft for that. If things do not turn out please feel free to give me a call. I will be more than happy to help guide you in the right direction. Good Luck!
Web Reference: http://www.myownhome.info
Do you really think that is a good idea in today's market??
Hi Diane

We http://www.KaleRealty.com offer a service to help for sale by owners. We help with exposure, selling tools and give full suport to help save you thousands on commissions.

If you are available to handle the calls and accommade showings its a great program.

Please visit our site or give us a ring and we'll be happy to explain 312-939-5253

best of luck!
Web Reference: http://www.kalerealty.com
Diane,
If you are looking to put your condo up by yourself, you should do some research of what a good asking price would be. Try putting it up on free sites like this one, zillow, maybe even a craigslist.
However, if you do decide to seek a Realtor to list it in the future, make sure you interview a few before choosen one. List with the person you feel the most comfortable with, and would be the right fit for your condo. I hope you the best of luck!

Matt Laricy
Americorp Real Estate
Brokers Associate, e-PRO
mlamericorp@aol.com
708-250-2696