Home Selling in Amenia>Question Details

Francesca, Home Seller in Amenia, NY

i inherited a house . i took out a motgage and began renovations. it is becoming overwhelming and i would like to sell it. should i try and sell it?

Asked by Francesca, Amenia, NY Sat Dec 10, 2011

Answers

6
yes, sell it. and sell now while you are still current on the mortgage so that you can avoid the ordeal that is a short-sale (that is, if you are still current on the mortgage)
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 11, 2011
Francesca,

With renovations, sometimes you bite off more than you can chew and you find more things wrong as you go along. It is not worth your being overwhelmed. Probably best to put it on the market, pay your loan back, and make some money. There are a lot of people out there who look for fixer uppers. But there are some things you have to consider before putting it on the market. Feel free to call me, I would be happy to help you.

Eileen Contreras
Houlihan Lawrence
http://eileencontreras.houlihanlawrence.com/AgentHomePage.aspx
845-235-3788.
Anna is correct. Seek out two or three agents and interview them, let them each do some research and give you an idea of what you can expect from a sell.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 10, 2011
To sell, or not, is a decision only you can make based on your long term goals. If you would like to sell, invite a few local agents from different realty companies, ask for a cma, comparative market analysis; review the data, determine worth, ask opinions, and then make a determination, to sell, or not...
I think if it is too much for you then selling is a good option. Please let me know when you're free so we can go over the financials (what you owe and what it's worth) to see if it is a viable option for you in this climate. My cell number is 845-249-1638, email is jeannine.wender@gmail.com.

I look forward to helping you!

Jeannine Wender
Hi Francesca -

I understand the dilemma you are going through and would be more than happy to help you talk through it and make the best decision. I'm pretty familiar with the market in Amenia. Feel free to contact me via cell phone or email.

<>< Jim
Web Reference: http://DutchessRE.com