Rogerandlisa, Home Buyer in Rochester Hills, MI

i have a 2,100 sq foot home in birmingham mi. i have 5 bedrooms 2 full and one half bath. how much should i be asking a sq foot?

Asked by Rogerandlisa, Rochester Hills, MI Mon Apr 1, 2013

Answers

17
So as you can see, it is in your best interest to get advice from a Realtor that has seen your property and can list and market it for you. Just saying price per sq foot is not enough. Realtors are professionals at selling homes and can work with you to get the property sold at a price you are happy with.
Any one of us would be qualified and happy to work with you.

Thanks for using Trulia

Pam Bava, Realtor, SRES
Real Living Kee Realty
210 W. University, #4
Rochester, Mi 48307
realteellc@hotmail.com
586-675-4653
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 1, 2013
Hi Roger & Lisa,

Birmingham real estate is in high demand. Determining price/square foot is all about location, condition of home, and finishes. The only way to evaluate your home is by touring the home and sharing with you recent comparable sales.

Chris and I work for the #1 office in Birmingham. Working as a team, we provide outstanding service to all of our clients. We would be happy to meet with you to discuss how we can help you achieve your real estate goals. Please contact us!

Kelly Small & Chris Edwards
http://www.ChrisandKellySold.com
248.631.8750
ksmall@hallandhunter.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 1, 2013
Roger and Lisa -

Birmingham is a city where even between it's parts, the selling price can evaluate from area to area. I realize that you are most likely just starting to think about perhaps selling your home and looking for a ball park figure. So no pressure - please give me a call so that I can ask you simply a few more questions. I am a Birmingham resident myself so I certainly have an added insight for the properties there. I would love to help out a neighbor!!

Gail Corcoran
Century21 Town & Country
(248) 556-7463
http://www.gailcorcoran.com
Anywhere from $200/sqft to $275/sqft. The large range has everything to do with proximity to Downtown Birmingham. Just sold two with another one under contract.
It is NEVER relevant to attach a per square footage number to a house. There are way too many variables to consider. Is the house a tear down, or has it recently been completely renovated with the top of the line materials?
Roger and Lisa,

I have prepared a comprehensive package of Information profiling the prices of homes sold recently in Birmingham for you to review. This should give you a good idea of where your home should be priced. Send me an email at JeffGushnan@gmail.com and I will send it to you!

Talk to you soon.

Jeff Gushman
Real Estate Professional
RE/MAX (313) 980-1533
JeffGushman@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://Jeffgushman.com
If it helps you, the average price per square foot for homes that sold in the past year between 2,000-3,000 square feet was $188/sq ft. (Mostly four bedrooms, as five bedrooms are rare with this square footage). I hope this helps. Feel free to call if I can help with anything else.
Web Reference: http://cbwm.com/lyalman
Hello Roger and Lisa,

As the agents below said, Birmingham is a hot market. Values have risen 5.79% from last year. So if your house is in good condition, right location and priced right, it will go fast.

My brother and I work together and are the Real Estate Brothers of the local area.

We would love to sit down with you and explore your options.

Jamie L. Rodgers
My Realty Select
The "Mr. Rodgers" Team
The Bros Who Are Real Estate Pros
248-730-0887
Dear Roger & Lisa,

The quick answer is... as much as the current market will support!

Having said that, like most of the other responses, the most effective way to determine that number is to see the property, evaluate it, and the location, by doing a Competitive Market Analysis.

As a Realtor for Real Estate One, I work for the largest and most successful Brokerage Company in the state of Michigan. As such, and given the resources available to me, I would submit to you no one is more prepared or qualified to provide you with that information.

Your interests are best served by having several agents interview with you for the opportunity to represent your efforts.

I would like the opportunity to be one of them.

Feel free to contact me!

Mark Mergener
Cell (248) 935-0335
Roger & Lisa, I am with the others. An agent needs to come look at your house & go over comparisons. Square footage is only one way to look at comparisons. You should never list a property based on square footage alone. A professional agent in your area has all the tools, skills & knowledge you will ever need! Getting one to come out is the first step! If you need help finding one in your area please contact me through my website http://WWW.GoMelinda.com or my Facebook page. http://WWW.Facebook.com/GoMelinda

I hope this info helps! Best wishes!
Web Reference: http://www.GoMelinda.com
Roger and Lisa -

The Birmingham market is quickly appreciating and available inventory is extremely low. Therefore the old adage of supply and demand will kick in big time with respect to pricing. Sold comps are outdated quickly - but this time in a seller's direction!!!

I am a Birmingham resident and consequently know the city like the back of my hand. I would love to get and give more info to you - please feel free to call and/or email at ant time.

Gail Corcoran
Century21 Town & Country
248-556-7463
gail.corcoran@cetury21.com
Roger,

This is not the way to get the value of your house. You need to get a real estate professional to run a comparable market analysis. There are a lot of factors to be taken into account in pricing your house. And you cannot generalize in Birmingham. The price of your home is going to be different if it is located in the Quarton Lake area, Poppleton Park area or Eton Station area. There is not a price per square foot that you can apply for the entire area. I have lived in Birmingham for 37 years. I know it well. If you would like a FREE Comparable Market Analysis with no string attached, give me a call.

Kathy Persha, Broker
GRI, CDPE, SFR, CIAS
Nextage Advanced Realty
248-930-0198
kathy@kaperproperties.com
Roger and Lisa,

One can only answer that question accurately by first visiting your home and then performing an in depth market analysis of homes that have sold in your area, and those homes that are currently on the market.

Kind Regards,
Anthony Scaccia
Associate Broker
SKBK Sotheby's International Realty
anthony@skbk.com
Hello Roger and Lisa,

Birmingham is one of the most desired areas in Oakland County where prices have risen nicely over the last couple of years. The price per square foot though depends on the market conditions as well as about the condition and features of the home.

I will be happy to set up a time with both of you to view the home and for a free consultation to give you my price opinion. Feel free to give me a call.

Nash Khraishi
Associate Broker/Realtor©
http://www.RealtorNASH.com
(248) 247-5000 Direct
(248) 247-2449 fax
(248) 250-1192 Cell

Keller Williams Troy Market Center
1700 W. Big Beaver, Suite 100
Troy, MI. 48084
Hi Roger & Lisa,

Any agent who would quote you a price without seeing the home would be doing you and your home a disservice. I would suggest having an agent from a broker local to Birmingham tour your home and provide a market analysis. Please feel free to contact me if I can be of assistance to you in this process. Our office is on Old Woodward in downtown Birmingham. Best of luck to you!

Thanks!

Grant Berakovich
Max Broock Realtors
248.840.7510
grant.berakovich@att.net
There's many other factors in pricing ieg; finished basement, 2+car garage, updated kitchen, etc. There's no better time than now to get top dollar due to lack of inventory! Feel free to contact me anytime.

Karen Yunck
Keller-Williams
248-649-7200
Hi Roger and Lisa,

I would be happy to set up a time to meet with you or speak about pricing trends and price per sq ft in Birmingham. I work prominently in that area and prices are on the rise.

Email me at Jeffgushman@gmail.com and we can get started.

Talk to you soon,

Here Gushman
RE/MAX
(313)980-1533