Shelley, Home Owner in 47353

i don't want to list with my current realtor. How can I get out of my contract. In New Jersey.

Asked by Shelley, 47353 Mon Aug 1, 2011

The realtor has lied to me. He is not really trying to sell. Since listing he has not even gone by the porperty. But has stated that he has.

Contact the agent's broker owner and or office manager and express your concerns; ask to be unconditionally released or ask to be assigned another agent from within for the duration of the contract.
Actually your listing agreement is with the company NOT the agent. The company that the agent works with is the entity that you have agreed to list your property with, it is not that particular agent even though you think so. Most people do not understand this fact. You can simply go to the office managing broker (every office has one) and ask that a different agent be assigned to your listing. Explain that you want a different agent and the broker should take care of it for you.
Simply send a note stating that you wish to concel the Listing due to (your reasons) and hand deliver it to the Office with a copy to the Broker. Ask them to remove the sign ASAP, and leave you a copy of the Cancellation.

Here's hoping you chose better next time.

Good luck and may God bless