Shelley, Home Owner in 47353

i don't want to list with my current realtor. How can I get out of my contract. In New Jersey.

Asked by Shelley, 47353 Mon Aug 1, 2011

The realtor has lied to me. He is not really trying to sell. Since listing he has not even gone by the porperty. But has stated that he has.

Answers

2
The answer that Tim gave you is correct...but if you want out of the listing with that agency entirely, that is also your choice, at least in Indiana. You do not have to stay "listed" with them for the 3-6-12 mos that you signed up for originally, especially if you feel the agent has not been performing as agreed to.

Good Luck,
Jody Jones
574-214-2746
Actually your listing agreement is with the company NOT the agent. The company that the agent works with is the entity that you have agreed to list your property with, it is not that particular agent even though you think so. Most people do not understand this fact. You can simply go to the office managing broker (every office has one) and ask that a different agent be assigned to your listing. Explain that you want a different agent and the broker should take care of it for you.