Home Selling in Scranton>Question Details

Mike, Real Estate Pro in 18504

i am trying to sell my houses, I have two houses on one deed. whats the best way for me to sell this property? how should I advertise it?

Asked by Mike, 18504 Fri Feb 11, 2011

Answers

3
Peter N. Lamandre’s answer
Every property is unique multiple living structures on one deed can be tricky. Mainly because the appraisal which the bank will require will most likely need to include other properties that have recently sold that also have two structures. As I am sure you can agree the typical property does not have 2 structures as such the financing can be tricky.
Some properties may be able to be subdivided, this depends on the location property size how the homes are situated etc. This will not be a “typical” transaction and will require the assistance of a professional.

As far as how to market the property it really depends. The ability to subdivide (if possible) would lead in one direction, the size of the homes, etc may lead in a different direction. I wish there was a simple answer but I would consult with a Real Estate professional, interview 1 or more agents and see how tht can assist you so that you can make an educated choice.
Well, it depends on the property. Are they separate parcels? Can they become separate parcels? A good local agent will lead you in the right direction.
Mike;
First, you should hire a Professional Real Estate Agent to list and market your properties.
I would suggest listing the properties in 3 listings.......One listing for each house and one listing for both houses.
Good Luck
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com