Home Selling in 02467>Question Details

Yr, Home Seller in Newtonville, MA

i am going to have short sale soon ,and one of the issue i did find so many outstanding util bills like water ,gas ,sewer?what to do with those ,also?

Asked by Yr, Newtonville, MA Thu Jul 15, 2010

fiew of tenants pay upfront for future monts and we did spend this money for bills to keep the house runing,what we have to expect to bring to short sale clousing

Help the community by answering this question:


If they are municipal bills they can be submitted to the lender as part of the short sale and the bank might pay them. If the bills liens against your property for the bills it is actually much easier to get the bank to pay.. If they are not municipal bills than the lender will probably not pay them.

Everything is a negotiation with the bank. A good short sale agent usually works with an attorney and the attorney should counsel you legally and explain your options.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 15, 2010
submit them quickly, you may have to pay them yourself if they are not in the original HUD
Web Reference: http://www.mdmrealtyinc.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 15, 2010
Hello Yr,

Have your real estate agent submit those bills to the lender.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 15, 2010
Unless they are submitted and on the HUD sheet - they would be you "the sellers" responsibility.

With new RESPA laws - you need to get them before the bank agrees to the short sale. ALL monies will be accounted for prior to acceptance from the bank.

Good luck - work with your realtor or attorney to get this done. Otherwise, you will be bringing money to the table to settle these debts.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 15, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer