Home Selling in 90277>Question Details

Demell, Home Seller in 90277

i am a jamaican my father left me a house in the usa i need to sell it can you help me please i am living in jamaica thank you

Asked by Demell, 90277 Sun Jun 12, 2011

Help the community by answering this question:



Since there are so many scams eminating from foreign sellers, we would need you to produce proof of ownership(beyond a shadow of a doubt) and strongly recommend that others do as well.

Good luck,

2 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 13, 2011
I can assist if the home is local to my area - my contact info is here...thanks and good luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Feb 25, 2013
Hello Demell,

The best thing to do is to contact a professional real estate agent that can help you sell your home in the US.

I have helped investors that live in other states sell their home. I live in Los Angeles, and i have sold home all over the country. Nevada, Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, indianapolis etc..

Please feel free to contact me direcly

Jorge Alfaro

Office: 213-417-3898
Cell: 310-486-2132
Fax: 877-310-3002
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 21, 2012

I have homes in other places, long distance from me I understand your situation. I am a homestager, and I work with agents. If you really what to sell your home for top dollar, insist the agent assists you with the use of a stager before putting it on the market. A home staging gives you the advantage of appealing to the target market and the buyers taste. It cost less than the first drop in price and agent will give you. I would suggest the average price is about 1% of your sale price, depending on the original condition. If it is put on the market without staging, you will not have the advantage.
Web Reference: http://www.pchstaging.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 1, 2011
Who is the legal owner of the property? Do you have to go through probate, was it held in a trust or....? I do not sell in Redondo Beach but I have experience in situations similar to yours. The first thing you have to do is to acquire the legal right to sell the home; second you can find a Realtor to help you sell. You might also want to consult an attorney and a CPA.

Daniela Marshall
Realty Executives
760-809 3003
CA DRE License 01056741
Web Reference: http://DanielaMarshall.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 11, 2011
It looks like I am last to respond, but this is the area I work and live. Got any questions post on my website
Best Regards.

Steven Robles
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 13, 2011
I can sell your property without you being present in USA (using electronic signatures) and for the top dollar. I specialize in Greater Los Angeles and westside areas. Contact me at ewareza@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 13, 2011
Hi Demell. You should start the process by doing as much research as you can on some local agents that specialize in the area. You'll want to make sure that they know the market and have listed homes in the area. Working remotely has become much easier with technology making the process fairly simple but especially if you are not in the area you'll want to find an agent that not only knows the area, but one that you'll feel very comfortable with and one that you trust. There are big decisions to be made and you'll be much more comfortable with the process if you feel that your agent is truly an advocate of your interests. Best of luck with the process.

Keith Kyle
Top Producing Agent 2007,2009 and 2010
South Bay Brokers
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 13, 2011

I sent you a reply and then read other agent's replies to you. You need a LOCAL agent in or near Redondo Beach. I saw agents from all over the huge L.A. area respond. There was even one from Florida! You will not be well served by an agent who must drive for an hour to show a buyer your house. On my web site http://www.Jim-Mitchell.com there is a link on the left that contains a list of properties I have sold in my 33 year career. Look how much Redondo Beach property I have sold. More than any other city. i have a listing in South Redondo in escrow right now for MORE than the list price! You can reach me directly at 310 265 1816 or e-mail rpvrealtor@gmail.com.
Web Reference: http://www.jim-mitchell.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 13, 2011
I have a buyer who wants to fix up or expand a home in Redondo Beach, can you email me directly and let me know how big the lot size is & if it is currently a 1 story home? If my buyer is interested I can help you to save money on selling costs.

Please email or call me directly, I don't look back on this same Trulia posting for new answers.


562-430-3053 cell
Main Street Realtors
Realtor Since 1996
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 13, 2011

I love Jamaica! My wife and I spent a vacation in Negril and Whitehouse and loved it. I specialize in and lived in Redondo Beach. I have over 33 year's experience and would work hard to sell the house you inherited. Please visit my web site http://www.Jim-Mitchell.com and then contact me. My direct number is 310 265 1816. Thank you.
Web Reference: http://www.jim-mitchell.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 13, 2011
Hi Demell:

It is critical that you choose an agent carefully. We work with home sellers and buyers worldwide. We do service the 90277 zip code (Redondo Beach). First and most important is to inspect the property, then give you an evaluation of the home, what it is likely to sell for, go over the cost of sale and what you can expect to see in profit.
I've worked with clients from Jamaica before. Please contact me at 310-831-8311 and I can give you an idea of the value of the property, and all your options. Would you consider keeping the house as an income property? you can also email me direct at: suewylie@gmail.com Look forward to hearing from you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 13, 2011
Dear, Demell.

Yes, I may. I have a lot of experience about this kind of transaction. I do have buyer list, who's that I assisting right now. I may sale your house quickly.

Please give me a contact below here

Thank you

Danny Tran
DRE: # 01763825
1298 W. 7th St
Upland, Ca 91786
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 13, 2011
Yes you can sell your home here from afar. As suggested, make sure you work with an experienced and knowledgeable Realtor who can assist you. Consider working with someone who has worked with an out-of-area seller before. You need someone reliable. Speak with a few agents to find out about their experience, success and the rapport you get with them.
Feel free to email me or give me a call. I have worked with out-of-area sellers before, and would be happy to assist you or answer any of your questions.
Richard Schulman
#1 Listing & Selling Agent KW Westside Realty
(310) 482-0173
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 13, 2011
Before I can know if I can help I am going to need more information. Unfortunately I can't help everybody as it really depends on there needs and situation. Please feel free to contact and I can tell you right away without wasting your time. We want to make sure selling is really your best option.
310 490 6286.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 13, 2011
Hi Dernell,

Thanks for posting on Trulia. I know trying to sell a home when you are located in another country can be difficult. I would caution you to be sure that you pick a Realtor with extensive knowledge of the specific area that the home is located in. You posted your question in the zip code 90277. If that is the zip code of the home, then I recommend you get a Realtor and broker experienced in Redondo Beach. A couple of ways to check if they are experienced in the area - contact them and ask them specific questions about the area in question.

For example, Redondo Beach is in the area code (310). Although not all Realtors who are working in Redondo Beach have phones in the same area code, most do. Additionally, you want to ask them what MLS area your property is in. For example, Redondo Beach has MLS areas ranging from 151 through 156.

I would be happy to assist you in selling a home in Redondo Beach, Torrance, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach, or on the Palos Verdes Peninsula. If you need assistance finding a Realtor outside those cities, please feel free to contact me and I can direct you to an area expert in that area.

Good luck!

Sharona Byrnes
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 13, 2011
Hi Demell,

I would be happy to help you if you are interested in selling a property in the area - no problem. Send me an email at my address below & give me a little more information, and I can let you know how I can help you. Look forward to hearing from you.

John Barry
DRE #01856079
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Cell: 323-810-7976
Email: john.barry@coldwellbanker.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RealtorJB
Twitter: @RealtorJB
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Jun 12, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer