Home Selling in Glendora>Question Details

Leslie, Home Seller in Glendora, CA

iI need to sell my mobile fast outright as is cash where do i look for buyers my home is in glendora calif

Asked by Leslie, Glendora, CA Thu Jan 28, 2010

Answers

5
I answered your previous question earlier, and I'm repeating it here since most of it still applies.

As for looking for buyers, start in the mobile home park. Some people want to move up. Some will know other people who are looking for an affordable place to buy. Others will have family--relatives--who they'd like nearby. So, start with the people who are already there and already know the place.

Then geographically spread out a bit, but still look in a radius of perhaps 5 miles.

Use Craigslist. LOTS of people search there.

In some areas of the country, it makes sense to list with a Realtor. In others, it doesn't. But you should check, in any case. Look for those who may specialize in mobile homes. One way to do that is to see which agents already have properties for sale in your park or nearby ones.

Also, consider classified ads in local newspapers. Not big city ones. But if there are some smaller ones (the once-a-week type), put an ad in those.

And now for the advice I already offered about how to market it (which does get into finding buyers):

The secret on a mobile home is terms, not price. A lot of potential buyers won't have all cash or financing lined up. If they do, great. But most won't. So you make it as easy as possible for them. And that often means owner financing.

You can certainly use a Realtor. Just make sure your agent understands that most buyers won't be looking in the MLS for a mobile home, so you have to use other marketing, too. That means a sign in the window. It means a letter or postcard to everyone else in the mobile home park. And it also means Craigslist.

Getting back to terms, figure out what the payments could be on your mobile home. For example, let's say you want to sell it for $15,000. You'd be willing to take just $100 down. So you'd be financing $14,900. Over 5 years, at 9% interest, payments would be $302. Let's say lot rent is $275.

You might run an ad something like: "Only $100 down moves you in to your own home. Owner financing! No bank qualifying! Pay only $302 a month. Lot rent just $275. Qualifies for 10% income tax credit. The American dream of home ownership can be yours today. Call xxx-xxxx."

Points to emphasize (if you want to move it fast): Low down payment. Owner financing. No bank qualifying. Mention the 10% income tax credit. Keep the monthly payment figure (in my example it's $302) separate from the lot rent. Makes it seem less. And price the overall monthly payment figure about 20% (or more) below what a comparable apartment would rent for in the same general area.

If you want to sell fast, that's how you do it.

Hope that helps
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jan 28, 2010
Don Tepper, Real Estate Pro in Fairfax, VA
Although this is very late. It may help others in the future. There are brokers out there that pay cash for mobile homes and close within days if you want. One such company is Manufactured Selling Solutions and you can find them at http://www.mobilehomesell.com

I know that they don't need approval from parks either.
Hi Leslie,
Glendora is a very desirable area; we should be able to find a buyer for you fast. Our office is located in Glendora and we get numerous buyers calling from our bank owned listings. Please feel free to contact us at 626-963-0097.
Lori Duran
Broker Associate
ERA Yes!
DRE#00924615
Hi Leslie,
Well, I would recommend you work with a locan Realtor, they have access to protential buyers.
Leslie,

Please feel free to contact me. I am an agent in Glendora and may be able to help.

Blessings,

Gary Edmonds
Southland Properties
626-827-4477