Majesty, Home Owner in 94112

how much my house worth?

Asked by Majesty, 94112 Fri Feb 17, 2012

Answers

24
Kathryncnash’s answer
You need data, common sense, and current market knowledge. Using sites like trulia and zillow is great but only as a tool.
I found great insight here http://practicallist.com/how-to-figure-out-your-homes-value
they talk about agent cma's, mortgage appraisals, and how FSBO's price homes. Good to know before setting out to value a home.
contact me for a free valuation analysis

good luck!
$$$BUYER CASH REBATE 50%-60% / SELLER DISCOUNT 50%$$$

Flavio Tejada, MBA-Finance, Realtor, Broker/Owner
(415) 305-2958
Web Reference: http://americarealtyonline.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri May 3, 2013
Your house is worth what a willing an able buyer will pay for it!! To find our more get a local real estate agent to do a free market analysis for you!!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu May 2, 2013
You may talk to a local real estate agent with your home address.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Oct 5, 2012
Don't use Zillow. Their valuations are most often not correct. Also valuations given by websites cannot give you a true value because they have not been inside your home! Use them if you want guesstimates. As I said earlier, you need a licensed Realtor to give you a true Comparable Market Analysis. It is a free service and does not take much time.

Sally
Trulia ignores any corrections that are submitted for inaccuracies on their site. It's not just Zillow that has my house appraised far higher than (NOT) Trulia
Chase: 298,000
Zillow: 290,904
eppraisal: 286,208
Trulia: 244,000
Flag Sat Jan 26, 2013
Well, according to Trulia its worth about 20% less than market value in Chapel Hill, NC. The people who work for Trulia are a bunch of Imature Internet Geeks, Coders, Marketing and Sales People. They know virtually nothing about Real Estate and plant seeds in the mind of buyer's that causes them to lose golden opportunities based on ludicrous misinformation!
Have you tried looking on Zillow? Here is a link to your zip code:

http://bit.ly/ze94112

Just enter your address and you can access the estimated value of your home. Of course it will have a large error range but it may provide the ballpark figure you are seeking.

Oggi Kashi - 415.690.3792 direct
Broker Associate, Paragon Real Estate Group CA DRE 01844627
All data from sources deemed reliable but subject to errors and omissions, and not warranted.
Web Reference: http://www.oggikashi.com
For a ballpark estimate go to some open houses near your home. You will quickly get a feel into what price range you fall in.

But be sure to leave leave your rose colored glasses back at home. The hardest thing for any of us is to look at our own property dispassionately. That is where a professional comes in.

Astrid Lacitis
Keynote Properties
415 860 0765
Well, I see your question has generated a ton of responses but the first one I would ask to such a short unrevealing question is what's the address and are you the owner?
please contact me for a comparable market analysis. Good luck

Buyer 50%-60% Cash Rebate / Seller 50% Commission Discount
Quality Full Service! Work directly with the Broker.

Flavio Tejada, Owner/Broker, Realtor, MBA-Finance
(415)305-2958
Let's clarify. Any good agent will ask you to contact them and then ask you pertinent questions about your property as well as whether you are thinking of selling, refinancing, etc. Once the agent knows what you are after, she will make an appointment with you to see your home in order to provide you the most accurate value possible. That is true even for sites that generate a report, which is general in nature only, e.g. it gives you a range of values for your neighborhood. If you want to sell the home, engage an agent who knows the market and your neighborhood. If you simply want to know what your house is worth, please know that the market changes quickly thereby rendering whatever value you get obsolete in a hurry.
As of Jan. 1, 2012. SOLD Single family homes in Ingleside and Oceanview.

High 566,500 Median 410,000 Low 315,000

Blake Pearson
Pacific Union INT
bpearson@pacunion.com
Please visit http://www.Evaluate-My-Home.com for an opinion.

You'll need to schedule an appointment with an agent and he/she can then provide an estimate based on a visual inspection and market analysis. It's impossible to provide any information without data to support value.

Lizete
Web Reference: http://www.LizeteSantos.com
Any agent can give you a Comparative Market Analysis on your home.... but no good agent would price it based on a verbal discussion. We need to come and view your home and ask questions that would help us give you what we feel is the best price for today's market in the Sunset area.

After that first visit, most agents, me included, would go back to our office to figure out the best comparable properties. A full and complete Market Analysis is then prepared.

This can be emailed or sent by regular mail. I prefer to come back to talk to you face-to-face even if you are not prepared to make any decisions at this time. I strongly believe this is the best way to answer your questions and show you photographs of each of the comps from the facade to the inside to the yard.

Cheers,

Sally

Sally Rosenman
Hill & Co Real Estate
415-321-4222
srosenman@hill-co.com
Majesty,

Homes in your zip code can vary greatly - Mission Terrace, Excelsior, Ingleside and some of the other micro neighborhoods can all be very different. An appraisal is one route to go, and any agent would be happy to prepare a comparative market analysis to determine your homes worth.

Feel free to contact me if you'd like some further information.

Cheers,

Toby

Toby Jackson
Better Homes & Gardens/Mason-McDuffie Real Estate
2200 Union Street
San Francisco, CA 94123
Mobile: 415-627-8200
Office: 415-921-0113
http://www.bhghome.com/JacksonHomes
DRE#01798961
I remember that question from a seminar I attended early on. The presenter mentioned this scenario, but in a slightly different way -- he would be walking a neighborhood, and a curious homeowner would as this very question, to which he would reply, "...from where I'm standing, I'd say about $50.00..." Of course the incredulous homeowner would be taken aback, but in elaborating why he quoted this price, he specifically mentioned that he was giving an estimate of what he could see -- the front door! So, with this simple example, I, like any other real estate practitioner, could only offer a guess as to the potential value of a house they have not even seen! In the 94112 zip code prices could go from a low of $299,000 to a high in the $700,000+/- range, depending on actual location, condition, size, etc. So, where and what is it you have, and how may I help you?
There are a number of web sites that offer their best guess on the value of your home, so unless you're needing the price for something more serious than your own curiosity, both Trulia and Zillow can find that information you need.

If it's for tax reasons, I would suggest giving an real estate agent in your neighborhood a call. Getting a value on your home should be a free service any agent would be happy to do for you.

If you need help finding an agent, I would be more than happy to get you a few names.

Jack McLaughlin
415.302.7787
No right minded agent will give you an answer until they have had a listing meeting at your current property to properly access the value. Without showing actual evidence of what similar properties has sold for in the past, everything else is just an educated guess at best.

Let me know if I can help and good luck!

Simon

Simon Shue
Zephyr Real Estate
2523 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94115
Cell 415-806-2610
Office 415-674-6578
Fax 415-277-3969
DRE License # 01888097
We would be happy to provide you with a no strings consult on value and share our marketing plan.

Contact info below:

Lance King/Owner-Managing Broker
lance@fixedrateproperties.com
415.722.5549
DRE# 01384425
Please call me at 415-200-7202 and I'll be happy to provide you the information you need.

Thank you!
I would be more than happy to take a look at your home and find out more about it!

Alina

Alina Aeby- Top Producer 2011, San Francisco Office
Broker Associate, Realtor
Short Sale and Foreclosures Specialist (SFR)
ZipRealty, Inc.
Licensed in CA, #01729889
alina.aeby@ziprealty.com
Cell: 415.744.4844
Fax: 866.363.5298
My Profile: http://www.ziprealty.com/agent/aaeby
Like us at http://www.facebook.com/sfhomezone
Consider inviting a few local agents from different realty companies, and ask for a cma, comparative market analysis; review the data, ask opinions and go from there; cma's are provided free of charge by most agents, or consider hiring a professional appraiser.