Home Selling in Titus County>Question Details

Roger, Home Seller in Titus County, TX

how much do realtors charge to sell a house/?

Asked by Roger, Titus County, TX Wed Oct 13, 2010

3 bedroom frame tax appraisal value $55000

Answers

6
Hello Roger,

I don't think it's legal for any of us to advertise a commission/price on here, even though you are asking. I can tell you that once you get below a pricepoing of $100,000 sometimes doing a flat fee commission works better than a percentage commission. Everything involving commission is negotiable, so use it to your advantage.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 13, 2010
Everything is negotiable in Real Estate Business, so you should be able to find the best realtor for your needs. Good Luck!
Roger,

I agree with most of the previous answers. However, to say that most agents charge *&$ percent is not only not true, it is illegal to discuss it and make that assumption. As previously stated, all commissions are negotiable. You need to interview a minimum of three agents and find a good fit. Don't forget to get references and check them. Also, very important..........find out what you are getting for your money. There are many different ways to advertise a property and handle negotiations. Generally, you get what you pay for!

Linda
Web Reference: http://www.lindacefalu.com
It all depends on what you will negotiate with your realtor. Most commissions are 6%. 3% for the listing agent and 3% for the selling agent, some are 5%, split between listing and selling agents. For lower priced homes, it can be a fixed rate. Again, its open for negotiation.

Best of luck to you!
Web Reference: http://www.DesariJabbar.com
Commission Rates vary by region and there is no such thing as a "fixed amount". Each Realtor determines what his/her time, experience and skills are worth and charges a fee. For example...when I list a house I charge 6% commission but when I list vacant land I charge 5%.

Feel free to contact me directly and I can recommend a realtor in your area who comes highly recommended. You can reach me by email at MelissaGaubert@gmail.com.

Hope to hear from you soon!
Keep in mind that all commissions are negotiable between you and your agent--there are no set standards--interview a few agents from different realty offices, and choose the one you like best, and has the most to offer--choose your agent with care.