Home Selling in Mount Airy>Question Details

Kingfarm, Home Seller in Mount Airy, MD

how much are seller closing costs for a home in mt airy howard county?

Asked by Kingfarm, Mount Airy, MD Mon Sep 6, 2010

Answers

7
As everyone stated on here there arefixed exspences for you as a seller.The good news is that there are fewer expenses for you as a seller and most are a fixed rate tied to your sales price such as doc and transfers.
ONE very important thing to remember is...commission is negotiable,anyone who says you have to pay 6% for full service is not helping you,and they are also probably tacking on additional admin fees and other costs for no reason but for themselves and their brokers.
If you would like to hear about getting a VERY competitive commission rate and great full service feel free to contact us for further details.You owe it to yourself to hear other options.We have over 20 years full time experience in the area to better serve you.
have a great day,
Paul Moffett
Remax Advantage
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 11, 2010
The answers are basically correct from the realtors. It depends on what the sales price is, how much the listing and selling agents commissions are and the closing costs from the title company. And of course if you offer any seller help to the new buyers. I usually tell my buyers to expect 3% of the purchase price and then come in a bit lower. This is a VERY rough estimate but if you pay 6% to the agents which is standard then you are looking at 8-9% for seller costs? Each county has different levels of taxes so let us know the price and the county and this number could be refined for you. Let me know if you have any questions.
Good Morning Kingfarm:

As you can see from the other answers, it depends on what county, your asking price, and a few other details. Real Estate Commission is not a set number and can be negotiated with your realtor. I'm with the largest team in Mount Airy for sales and listings and we have over 50 years combined experience. We run our listings in the Gazette every week and we also run our listings in the Mount Airy Messenger in every issue. Please give us a call and we would be glad to come by and give you a free market value of your home and share these expenses with you.

Have A Great Day!

Patty Smith, Realtor
"The" Mount Airy Team
ReMax Realty Group
205 E. Ridgeville Blvd.
Mount Airy, MD 21771

I can have Sage Title in my office send you a settlement statement with complete fees for your area. Feel free to email or call me anytime.

Tammy Durbin, A-REO, e-PRO, GRI, SFR
Long and Foster Real Estate Mount Airy office
cell 240-405-3118
email: tammyd@longandfoster.com
Web Reference: http://tammydurbin.com
Dear Kingfarm,
That is an excellent question and not one that is a black and white response. Closing cost take into many factors, like if one is a first time home buyer, that changes the formula a bit. In addition, Mount Airy crosses a few different counties, in which county is the home located?
If you're not working with a REALTOR yet, I'd be happy to assist if you can provide more of the home's details. If you are already working with an agent, he/she should be able to provide you with estimated cost. Also, check with the mortgage lender or closing / title company.

Again, Mount Airy is tricky since it isn't in one county and I'd need more information. Feel free to contact me directly and I;d be honored to assist.

Ariana Loucas
443 600-8000 Balto Metro Mobile
301 728-1418 DC Metro Mobile
http://www.findhousesinmd.com
"Connecting People with Places, County to County"
Hello Kingfarm,

That is going to depend on your sale price. Any Realtor should be able to provide you with a market analysis and a net proceeds summary to show you an accurate picture of your closing costs.
The payments to be made at closing include:
1. How much commission to be paid to listing agent?
2 What credit back to buyer?
3. Outstanding balance due on current mortgage?
4. Down payment on new loan?
5 Transfer tax=1% of sale price over $70K (County)
6 Transfer tax= 1/2% of sale price (State)
7 Title Attorney Fees= $400-$600 average
8 Termite Inspection, Well & Septic Certification (If applicable)
For a detailed summary of your specific closing costs, ask a realtor. That should be given to you at the time the listing agreement is formalized.
Maureen D'Aiutolo, Broker, Key Realty Group LLC