Inquires Wan…, Other/Just Looking in 60018

how many open house can you have in a month?

Asked by Inquires Want2 Know, 60018 Tue Jul 26, 2011

Answers

7
You could have one a day so in Feb you could have 28 and in long months like July and August you can have 31, but realistically try one a month, also see my advice below and do it on the first weekend of the month, (Government checks are out)

Open house, what an awesome idea, but how do you make it even better?
It is simple, get with other neighbors on the street and talk about a Yard Sale day.
Plan a weekend where several of you neighbors will agree to have a yard sale, have one yourself and get some of the stuff you don't want to go, but most of all have your open house at the same time. Your signs should read: Street Yard Sale & Open House.
It is a greatway to announce you have your house for sale. It will get lots of traffic, and you may even make a few bucks for the day as well.

Try and be sure that your neighbors have a multitude of items for sale, Baby Stuff, Toys, Furniture, Tools, Fishing and Hunting items and more.
Go to http://www.vistaprint.com and have a cheap set of business cards made up include details of the home, address and contact numbers and also Asking Price, usually 250 card will run you about $10 including shipping. Ask each of you neighbors to throw a card into the bag with each sale.
Ask you neighbors to tell everyone at their yard sale that you have an open house going on the same day and just go on over and ask for a walk through.
Have your Realtor there for the day to help answer all questions and to possible help with writing an offer for interested parties
Most of all, have fun and enjoy the day!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 26, 2011
As many as you like- I love to have open houses during the week - Wednesday 6 to 8 are great times for me in central Illinois if it is not too hot, in our town we have music in the park so I alway try to hold an open house when that is going on if i have something on the market in town close to the music. Friday evenings and saturdays work well too... I have noticed that by being more open as a Realtor to holding open houses at different times we are allowing the public more options.. ONLINE open houses are good too. Good Luck
Realtor Lisa
Taylorville, Il
How many open houses do want in a month? As a selling tool, they are not the draw they once were. I think one open house when you first list the house, then have a discussion with your agent who can advise you more on open house activity in your area.
Web Reference: http://www.CallMargaret.com
I used to think that you can over-do it, that people will talk about saturation:
When talking to people at the Open Houses, I realized that the people are new; they weren't out there last week, or the week before.
But don't worry about it, don't over analyze it.

You want to do one right away, to take advantage of the WOW FACTOR.
And propbably every two weeks. I found that Sunday is best; after Church and as long as they keep coming; (do not close the doors at 4 if people are still coming.) Saturday hasn't been too good for me, but that depend on your Market.
Plan on a lot (LOT!) of signs with arrows; signs can make you or break you. I put out 15-20!
Having the house Staged properly goes without saying, (so I didn't say anything.)
Bake some bread or cookies before you leave.

Good luck and May God Bless
Unfortunately, not all homes are open house candidates. Such homes with poor curb appeal, disrepair, in difficult to find locations, rural areas, controlled access or low traffic areas are among the poor candidates.

As Gerald pointed put, there are benefits in hosting an open house that will benefit the homeowner that is not often perceived. Your real estate professional can share these dynamics with you.

Based on the marketing option you selected, the number or frequency of open houses can vary. This is usually dependent on your objectives and time constraints. Unless your home is located on Main Street in Gatlinburg, an everyday open house may be over the top. ;) However a 'one-time' PLF open house will get the job done!

Best of success in the sale of your home.
Annette Lawrnce
ReMax Realtec Group
727. 420. 4041
Web Reference: http://www.MyDunedin.com
One every single day there is an agent available to hold it open. The chance of selling it at an open is about 3% so you have to then decide is it worth your agents time to put their time and energy into this form of marketing.
It is between you and your agent. I sit one open house per month on my listings. Does the home have high traffic? Does it show well? Only a very small percentage of homes sell at an open house--it is a better prospecting tool for agents to pick up buyers and give them an opportunity to sell a home.