Home Selling in Huntington>Question Details

Mary Peres, Home Buyer in 11743

how many homes sold?

Asked by Mary Peres, 11743 Tue Nov 18, 2008

Have any homes sold in the Huntington, Melville area in the past two months? This past Sunday our agent held an open house for our property. Not one person came. The open house was not advertised in the paper but did appear on line. I was told by my agent that this is the current market, nothing is being looked at or sold?
Thank you

Answers

4
Hi Mary,

There were some discrepancies in the figures you were given.. I wanted you to know that my figures were based on homes that went under contract from 9/18/08 until today in the township of Huntington. I did not limit it to Melville nor did I restrict my data by school district. If you would like a more specific area, ie. Melville SD#13, I would be glad to provide you with those numbers.

Cori Kaplan
cori@huntingtonnyrealestate.com
Hi Mary,

As of Today 11/19/08 (from 9/1/08), 37 homes are in contract and 93 homes are closed (from Sept, 2008) from different price range. Open House is a tool to market the property and buyers to come and view your home in their time (wihout the appointment). Today's buyer approx 89% search their home on internet. Please evaluate all the catagories such as Condition, Price, Location(we can't change the location, everything else), Easy Access for showing, etc with your agent and see what kind of changes should be done for more buyer traffic and SOLD.
Good Luck.......
Hi Mary,

139 homes went under contract in the last 2 months in our area. The good news is that homes are selling! You need to evaluate if everything is being done to market your home including internet exposure, pricing, access to the home by potential prospects, etc.

Cori Kaplan
Well over 50, plus another 12 that were sold earlier and closed within the past 12 months. I would suggest asking your agent a question as to what they would suggest as to how you can have your home looked at. Open Houses, in my opinion, is just a tool to have buyers come to look at your home at their convenience. Price, location and marketing are the three key indicators that your agent, I am sure, has informed you of. Give your agent every opportunity to be of help, and not necessarily in a defensive vs. offensive posture.