Home Selling in Sayreville>Question Details

Cindys, Home Seller in Sayreville, NJ

how long to sell a home in sayreville, nj o8879 morgan area? Looking to relocate to PA

Asked by Cindys, Sayreville, NJ Tue Jul 29, 2008

Answers

7
Hi Cindis,
This is the URL for my Market Snapshot http://yourhousefast.com/local-market-prices.asp . All you have to do is enter your location and number beds/baths. It will provide you with a report of the current comparables houses in your area and the ones that sold, their selling price versus asking price and the n umber of days on the market, etc...
The best way to find out yourself the answer to your questions.
I hope it helps,
Cathy C.
Hi There,
It seems the average listings are taking at least 3-6 months on the market before they actually go under contract. Morgan is Sayreville's little hidden secret. Its a great area and its tucked away from the congestion. If youare planning a move to PA. I suggest you place your home on the market at least 3-6 months prior to your relo...I have been selling homes in Sayreville for over 12 years. I would love an interview with you. At your convenience, call me so I can discuss my marketing strategies (IT WORKS). Which ever you decide--GOOD LUCK TO YOU! : )
Elena Cuomo
New Jersey Realty, LLC
732-593-7522
Hi Cindys there are a few good answers here. You should interview three agents when you are ready to make the move, in addition to being good at what we do there is a personal side of the business as well, You have to feel like you can trust them, this is your home one of the biggest investments that you might have.
The condition, location, and of course in todays market price are factored in to how much you can sell your home for. One of the things that is hurting convential sellers in this market is the preforeclosure and foreclosure market.
Hope this helps, if you would like more information please contact me directly, thanks for the question.
Cindys
In most markets the best deals always go first. That means that you need to hire a great Realtor that can expose the value in your home. I have seen homes that had value, but it was not projected, sell for less than they should have, I've seen homes that really did not possess that much value tweaked and marketed so they sold for more than they should have.

Homes that sell in the first 30 days sell closest to asking price in almost any market, so proper pricing and marketing will make that happen. Forget the average Days on Market (DOM). You cannot achieve maximum profit at Average DOM. Your goal is 10-12 showings in the first two weeks, which in most markets will yield one offer.

If you'd like the referral of a top Realtor please contact me via my Trulia profile and I'll help you.
Market stats for your market are in the link.
Keith Sorem, Real Estate Pro in Glendale, CA
It hardly matters where your house is located. In todays market price is KING! Wrong price (too high) and it might never sell. A price at 80% of the market value of comparable homes in your area and BINGO! your house will be sold in a matter of days. If priced around the market value then it will probably take 3 to 6 months. The longer on the market, the more your price might have to drop to keep up with the falling home prices, you might reasonably expect about a 1/2 of 1 percent decline in house prices per month at this time.If you want to sell quickly (less than 1 month) I would price your home at about 95% to 97% of the median comparables in the area to get noticed. There is a lot of competition now-a-days, so you have to make your home stand out above the rest. Remember only 3 factors come into play when selling your home, Location, Condition and Price. If all three are on target then you have a winner. Best of luck.
Richard Jensen
Global Realty Marketing
richjensen@wlgdirect.com
This question is a loaded one. It depends greatly not on the average numbers, ,but rather on using an EXPERT realtor or not. As someone about to sell their home, I found a lot of information on http://www.realestatewhistleblower.org and they helped me find an agent who I will be using. Make sure that your realtor has been in the business over 5 years, and has a list of references to call, but on the website above, they list a whole profile of EXPERT r ealtors, I found it very helpful.
Based on the information listed in the Middlesex County multiple listing service, properties listed in the Morgan area of Sayreville (4 properties since 1/1/2008 sold) averaging 133 days on market before closing. I would allow 3-4 months to play it safe. I would definitly ask for assistance from a local realtor for more accurate market analysis -pricing will play a role in the sale of your home. Days on market and sales price tend to vary depending on # of bedrooms, condition and location of the home.

Christine Markow
ERA Statewide Realty
christine.markow@era.com