myloune12000, Home Owner in Fayetteville, GA

how long does it take before listing is posted?

Asked by myloune12000, Fayetteville, GA Mon Sep 16, 2013

Your home should be listed on the MLS and all the other syndicated websites within 1-48 hours.

Your agent will have a lot to do with how long it takes. Most depends on how fast they add it to the MLS and if they are adding the listing manually to other websites or waiting for the crawl. Definitely talk with your agent about time frame and what's expected. I've seen some agents list a home right away, but wait for photos. It's best to have everything ready to go and list it complete the first time. When a listing goes out to the public, more eyeballs see it when it's brand new.
Posted where? the local MLS has rules on how long brokers have to enter the listing into the MLS. Some are 24 hours and some may be 3 days.
Well depends really.

If you agent or yourself load it into the MLS it should show up within one minute if not instant if all data was entered correctly.

Now if you are referring to sites like Trulia or Zillow, etc than it could be any length of time. On average I see them on Trulia within 3-4 days of going live and about 2-3 days on Zillow. They rely on broker IDX and third party vendors so it takes longer.

Of course in this marker 3 to 4 days is the difference between getting the home you been waiting for and finding out someone who was working with an agent already beat you to it.

Darrell Hess
Hess Realty Consultants
Atlanta Communities
If through Trulia, it shouldn't be any longer than 24-48 hrs. However, my question to you is, have you had an appraisal complete before coming up with your listing price? I'm a certified appraiser in Atlanta, GA and I cover homes in Fayetteville along with other cities. I have 12+ years in this market and I'm familiar with Atlanta, GA and the surrounding counties. As a certified appraiser I come to find that many homeowners make the mistake of listing their home off of other variables other than the true value of the home. If you want your home to sell quickly at the right price, I can help.

If you have any questions on selling your home, you can give me a call at (404) 955-9997.

If the listing is posted in the multiple listing service, it is visible in the system within minutes. The listing is usually pulled to internet based real estate websites, such as Trulia, within 24 - 48 hours. Hope that helps.

LaShonda Solomon
Associate Broker
Keller Williams Realty Signature Partners
(678) 477-5226

Listings are input into our MLS Database daily and are downloaded into the system immediately once they are entered into the system.

It would be my pleasure to discuss this with and any other real estate matters you further.

Thank you in advance,

Barbara Dyer
Certified Distress Property Expert - CDPE
Keller Williams Realty Atlanta Classic
3800 Camp Creek Parkway
Building 1800, Suite 100
Atlanta, GA 30331
404 564 9546
770 200 2649-fax
If it is entered into the state wide data based called the MLS it will generally upload immediately. Sometimes due to delays, updates, and processes in the system it can take anywhere between 24 to 48 hours. As far as Trulia generally 15 minutes, however if you upload it after available customer support times it can generally be longer. If you have issues beyond that I recommend contacting support at the bottom right of any Trulia page or via 1-888-466-3501 during normal business hours Mon - Fri CMT
Most sites do have it immediatly but I have noticed that Trulia is sometimes a few days behind.
Once a new listing is entered onto FMLS and or MLS, it will immediately appear on most online sites.
When a listing is entered into the FMLS & the GAMLS, it appears online immediately and other agents can then see it.