Joelcrisaful…, Real Estate Pro in Natick, MA

how does trulia determine the popularity of a property?

Asked by Joelcrisafulli, Natick, MA Wed Oct 9, 2013

Answers

4
Hi Joel, that is a very good question. Trulia generally determines the popularity based off of two factors. One being the amount of contact emails sent to the listing agent and the amount of view the property itself has had on Trulia. If you would like additional information about the process I recommend contacting Trulia directly viia the bottom right of any Trulia page or at 1-888-466-3501
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 9, 2013
When you sort the listing in a town, the "Popular" are the listing that have received the most amount of click through to the listing details. It is not an indication that the home is in a better location or updated more. It has created more curiosity.
There is a home out there for you.
Mindy Shanfeld
508-320-9974
They can see how many times a property has been viewed on line. As a listing agent, I can see how many people have viewed my listing versus the average number of "hits" in that town. I think popularity is a relative term when it comes to real estate. The first factor is the style, condition and location of a property of which these search engines cannot give you an indication, rather an agent can guide you to the more "desirable" locations, convenient locations etc. A house could show as house beautiful on line but then you find its next door to the dump! I hope this help, and good luck in your search.
Luisa Cestari
781-820-3350
The first answer is correct but Trulia and other similar sites also base the popularity of a property based on whether or not the listing agent pays to advertise on their site. If an agent pays to promote themselves on Trulia their properties will in turn get more rotations on the town's landing page- in this case Natick... It's the way Trulia and other such sites leverage the agents to spend marketing dollars with them.
Web Reference: http://www.walshteam.com