Home Selling in Los Angeles>Question Details

Maria C. Gom…, Real Estate Pro in Los Angeles, CA

how do you applyy to become a preferred short sales Agent for Bank of america?

Asked by Maria C. Gomez, Los Angeles, CA Sat Apr 7, 2012

Answers

9
The Escobar Group’s answer
Legally the banks cannot tell a home owner who to pick to sell their homes. There is some talk about banks offering customers pre-approved short sales and suggesting at least three local real estate agents for the home owners to chose... but the last word is that of the home owner... so keep on talking to home owners and helping them with their needs...

Best of luck!

Ron Escobar, MBA
Broker & General Contractor
ron@select-realestate.com
Thanks Ron, I appreciate your reply. Best
Flag Mon Apr 9, 2012
Work it with a local BofA loan officer... Find a high performing one, and refer them business...
Flag Sun Apr 8, 2012
Thanks Ron,

I went to a forum and Bank of America has a pilot of preferred Agent. How do I get in that list?
Thanks again. I appreciate your response
Flag Sat Apr 7, 2012
99.9% of our business is built on relationships. If you have a lender that you use at BofA, take them out for a lunch... pick the mind and get the inside information. Unless you are just looking for BPO work...
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Apr 7, 2012
Thanks Aaron. Your response is highly appreciated. Best
Flag Mon Apr 9, 2012
Thank you i will try that. Thanks I appreciate your response

Best
Flag Sat Apr 7, 2012
Hello Maria,

Just keep cranking out the lead generation!

Kieran Jackson, CA DRE #01903647
Keller Williams Hollywood Hills
213.632.8484 Direct
KieranJackson@KW.com

Short Sale Specialist (SFR)
Web Reference: http://KieranTheRealtor.com
I called BofA to find out how to get on their preferred network and they told me exactly what you said. So l looked and found my name on the network. So i am assuming that an agent saw their notice of default and called them or the client just lied to me and went with someone else. Thanks for the comment.
When you have completed many short sales with BOFA they will reccommend you to buyers. They e-mail agents that are in the program "Bank of America short sale professional locator" is the program I am in.
Here is the info on it:

•This tool is intended only for homeowner information and research purposes. It does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by Bank of America of any real estate professional appearing on the locator.

•The order in which real estate professionals appear is determined by distance, based on standard geographical midpoints.

•All real estate professionals will continue to undergo license verifications each time a short sale is initiated. If license information is invalid, the transaction will be declined and the professional will be removed from the locator database.

•Bank of America reserves the right to remove any individual listed on the tool in its sole discretion and may cease to offer the tool to homeowners at any time.

Hope this helps!
I know for a fact that they are out there because i just lost a client to BofA preferred agent. They called my potential client at the same time as i was. The client had just received a notice of default. I lost the person because they told here that she would not have to submit any financial paperwork. So does anyone know how to become a preferred short sale agent with BofA???
Hello Maria,

When I was taking a Certified Distressed Property Expert course, we were told that banks call CDPE agents to do short sales.

I haven't got the call yet, but heard others did...

Just a thought.

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
There is no real application per say, but go to your local branch and speak to the loan rep and let them know who you are and if they have homeowners that are denied loan mods, they you could be of service... give some face time and you may get some referrals.
Richard "RJ" Kas (SFR, SRES)
"Representing the finest properties from Los Angeles worldwide"
KAS Properties - Coldwell Banker Previews International - Beverly Hills South
166 N. Canon Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
310.859-5334 office - 310.488.9826 mobile - 310-273-0690 fax ATT: RJ
RichardKas@gmail.com - http://www.RJforLA.com - DRE: 01352771
Sellers Buyers Investors Leasing Consulting
Thanks Richard for your support. That i s what I am trying to do
Flag Mon Apr 9, 2012
Hi Maria, join a ReMax brokerage. I believe that they are now in bed with BofA for pre-foreclosure short sale leads and referrals
Awesome. I may do that, although I had been with Coldwell Banker for 17 Years
Flag Mon Apr 9, 2012
Thank you I appreciate your response
Flag Sat Apr 7, 2012
Thank you I appreciate your response Best
Flag Sat Apr 7, 2012