Robin, Home Seller in Fort Lauderdale, FL

how do i put my house for sale on the european market?

Asked by Robin, Fort Lauderdale, FL Tue Apr 15, 2008

would like to know the best way to do a FSBO on the European market

Answers

12
Hey Robin,

For the best and cheapest way, go to SellYourHouseToEurope.com.
My brother in law sold his house in 2 weeks.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 8, 2008
Robin,

there is no European market per se (I'm German and a Realtor in Fort Lauderdale for 16+ years, dealing with approx. 60% European clients).

You may want to consider another approach: which target group could be most interested in your house, and how do you reach that group?

Lars makes a very good point: most European buyers nowadays realize how different the US purchase process is, and most of the time feel comfortable utilizing a buyers broker. But that should not stop you from trying to market the house yourself.

One last item, and I know I'm not going to win points with you by saying this: IF your house is not priced correctly in the local Fort Lauderdale market and not selling here, it is not going to sell to Europeans either.

All the best to you , and please feel free to contact me if you have more questions,

Tobias Kaiser
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Apr 15, 2008
you can always do a google search for estate agents in the uk. they call them estate agents and a search will bring you some good results. you didn't really give enough information although you may have found your answer by now.
If you are going to FSBO, I suggest Craigslist.

If you are going to search for a Realtor, I suggest you locate a US based CIPS Realtor who can help you locate a real estate representative in Europe.

I am a member of the Ceritifed International Property Specialists.

Deborah Madey - Broker
Florida and New Jersey
Deborah Madey, Real Estate Pro in Red Bank, NJ
Robin,

Since this is a FSBO, I would suggest you start with a Google search for postings in the country you are interested in selling to, such as "homes for sale in Greece". You can then post your home there. I have had luck with European sellers by posting on Craigslist.org! You can post by country and specific cities at no cost. there are many international sites out there that I have used with varied success.

If you want to use a real estate agent to sell your house, pick one with experience in the European market. A large company may be able to provide greater exposure.

Pennie Arneson
Keyes
954-439-2913
Hello Robin,

You need marketing an exposure and there is no other company better than Coldwell Banker. Let's work together in helping you and your family to move forward in 2008. I would love to preview your property and take some professional photos and then we can move on from there. In regards to online presence which is crucial in today's market, I will send you a link and you will see for yourself who is drawing the traffic and why we are selling more properties every day. Call me in confidence.

Stelios Stylianou
Marketing Specialist
stelios@stelsells.com
561.542.4131
Web Reference: http://www.stelsells.com
EWM has connections with Europe via Mayfair International Realty and The London Times. You can check these out: http://www.mayfairinternationalrealty.com and htt://search.property.telegraph.co.uk.
You may want to use services of a CIPS network member (Certified International Property Specialist)
We formed an international network of agents including in Europe specilaized in helping buyers and sellers with international real estate transactions
RE/MAX International is the best way to get your property noticed all over the world. RE/MAX is one of the top searched websites in the world.
Robin,

My .02 is this:
Stats show that over 85% OF consumers start their search for a home on-line.
Almost 40% of those have to sell a house to buy the one they want.

I agree with Tobias, when it comes to the internet, there is no European Market,
no Japanese Market, the rules change - it depends on what one puts into a search engine.
so..........having said that you need to work with an agent to sell your house in Ft. Lauderdale
and help you buy where you want to be.

An agent who's expertise is in helping you get where you want to be is worth it's weight in GOLD!
YOUR bottom line on what you make off the sale, and the right advice in purchasing, the right connections in the mtg arena is where an agent brings value to the table.

Not sure what you do for a living, but I'll bet you are good at it.... same thing with agents. Pick the right one, be honest about where you want to be, what your goals are, and you will have an easy street to walk down. Doing it alone, fsbo - with the sue-happy society we live in and you not knowing how to negotiate and troubleshoot transactions............I would not do that.

Now, having said that, if you sell your house in Ft. Lauderdale, where do you want to live? Why? What do you want? How much money do you want to spend?

Many questions to answer to get you on the path you need to be on ;-)
If you need help with a good agent in the area you want to sell and buy in, then just give a shout, there are many great agents on Trulia that are well qualified to help you.

Best luck!

Paula Bean
Orlando, FL

You need a great internet marketing agent to help you with this transaction.
I am not sure how do do a FSBO, but I do work with a lot of European buyers, most want some sort of representation so I would sugest that you use a Realtor with international ties.
I have a website in Europe and we migth work something out.
let me know.
Lars@KierHomes.com
Web Reference: http://www.KierHomes.com
Robin: The best exposure you can give to your property is to list it with an established organization that has internet reach internationally. An established internet presence, through internet syndications and established networks. That's the most effective way to reach buyers world wide.
Web Reference: http://www.bobreiter.com