Palm_nuts, Home Owner in Austin, TX

how do i list my home for sale?

Asked by Palm_nuts, Austin, TX Wed Apr 25, 2012

Answers

27
By calling any licensed real estate broker/agent and entering into a listing agreement. I would be more than happy to work with you.

David G. Pimentel
REALTOR®
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate
Anderson Properties
Cell 512.797.3901 Fax 512.476.3604
david@andersonprops.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 25, 2012
Try to choose an agent that best represents yourself and has the knowledge of the area to be able to market your home correctly.
It's also important that your agent have the negotiation skills that are necessary, especially when dealing with multiple offers.
You may wish to contact Jacquelyn Foreman Realtor with Coldwell Banker. She has lived and worked in this area over ten years. She is consistantly an award winning Realtor in the Lakeway CB real estate office. You may visit her website here: http://www.newhomexperts.com/ to read some of her testimonials. I wish you the best on the sale of your 78734 home.

Betina
I was just about to refer Kevin Cottrell to you as he knows that area better than most but it looks like he just like he just touched base with you.
Dear Palm-Nuts,
All you have to do is call a Realtor toget the most recent comparables (that is the most recent sold homes in your neighborhood) to determine the list price for your home. You may choose to contact a few Realtors and see who you connect with, as every Realtor just like every person is different. Any local Realtor should be able to give you a free market analysis before listing your home for sale. If I may provide this service to you please give me a call. I would be happy to help you sell your house!
Betina

Betina Foreman- Realtor, C.N.E.
(512)771-6318
Austin Home Girls Realty
1601 West 6th Street
Austin Texas 78703
By carefully selecting an experienced agent who has local, relevant knowledge about your area and enough transactional experience to properly represent you.

Even in a market with low supply, we're seeing many sellers who picked agents who lacked experience with multiple offers and handling tough negotiations with very mixed results.

Many transactions are falling out of contract, having appraisal issues, etc. I've included a link where Perry Henderson and I discuss selection of the right agent in detail on the Austin Real Estate Today Podcast.
You basically have 2 options for listing your homes; You can do For Sale by Owner or you can use the services of a Real Estate Broker. I work primarily in the Lakeway area and have my ofice out there as well.

If you haven't listed your home yet, give me a call or send me an email!

I would definitely like to sit down and go over what homes are selling for in your neighborhood that way you can price your home correctly!

Stuart McWilliams
512-288-4200
stuart@beyondrealtytx.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 21, 2012
I can list it for you. Please call me if you are not already working with a realtor. 512-537-0779. Thanks!
Did you ever get your house sold? How long did it take?
You could probably use our help we help you prepare your house for sale in Austin and the surrounding areas check us out at http://savingamericaenergy.com or http://lonestarpainters.com. We can make your house more saleable!
I see you've already gotten a lot of answers today. Unfortunately I've been out with clients and this is my first chance to respond. Nevertheless, I'm a Listing and Marketing Specialist here in the greater Austin area and I'm one of the top-ranked Realtors as well. I work with Keller Williams Realty, who is the #1 Real Estate company in the Austin area, which makes quite a difference with regard to buyers and name recognition and quality of service. Please click on my name to the right, review my Credentials and Client Testimonials, and let me know if I might be a good fit to help you sell your house. I have a phenomenal success rate and will give you First Class Service. If you live in the 78734 area code, I do as well and know that area very, very well. If you live outside of that area, I am most likely very familiar with that area as well. I have happy clients from Georgetown to San Marcos, and Lago Vista to Elgin. Hope to hear from you! Joe Jarusinsky, Keller Williams Realty, Realtor/Master Instructor, 512-261-4415
Hi there!

Listing with a Realtor® statistically will bring you 20% more for the sale of your home (which more than covers the typical 6% for using a Realtor®).

Here is a link with a list of 8 steps to sell you home -

http://sarascott.yourkwagent.com/atj/user/AdditionalPageGetA…

Here is a link with the top 20 reasons to use a Realtor®

http://www.texasrealtors.com/MR/Benefits/Marketing/Fliers/20…

Selling your home is a major life event. I will do everything I can to ensure a smooth transition for you and your family, so that you can move on with your life.

Sara Scott
512-578-8525
sara@homesbysara.net
Contact an experienced Realtor who specializes in listing homes for sale and is knowledgeable in your market area. You don't have to pay 6% in real estate fees to list your home. Ready Real Estate offers 4.5% Full Service Listings.

Rodney Harris
Realtor/Austin Team Leader
Ready Real Estate
512-585-5017
rharris@readyrealestate.com
Hi Palm_nuts,
Kind of an interesting name you picked there. Very memorable, I must say.
When you need the best advice in a RE activity, pick the people that you feel best talking to.
My wife, Alice, and I have been involved with this for over 25 years. We know how to help you.
Our daughter graduated from Lake Travis, so we know the community well.
We'll work hard to make sure you succeed. We'll get there as a team.
Check us out at " http://;www.HotAustinProperties.com", then give us a call.
Look forward to meeting you.

Mike and Alice Newman
512-636-4518 direct
Mike@HotAustinProperties.com
Alice@AliceFromDallas.com
Selling your home requires much communication between several parties....the best way to help with that communication is to "hire" a Realtor!

Don't know where to find a good one? Ask your friends who they recommend and who they don't recommend.... interview a couple. Choose from the great Realtors who post answers on this site....but most of all HIRE A REALTOR - don't go it alone.

A seller needs to price the home correctly for a quick sale, have the home in good condition and walk the path your Realtor guides you down to have a successful closing.

Pick up the phone, make the call that will get you on your way to selling your home....the market is HOT at the moment - so don't delay.

Gwynn Teal Carpenter
Broker
Home and Hearth Realty, Inc.
11203 Ranch Rd. 2222 #201
Austin, Tx. 78730
(512)467-6191
http://www.homeandhearthrealty.com
Call me. Fran Drakeford 512-657-9609.
As mentioned by Betina, you need to call a good realtor, and have the guidance of a professional through the process. Research indicates that sellers get approximately 10% more for your home when listed with a realtor. This is not only because the home will be listed on the MLS (where most people will search for homes), but the professional will provide the road map to getting it priced, ready to put on the market, under contract, negotiating all terms, through inspection, option period.... and much more.

I would be glad to meet with you to discuss the process and provide a analysis that will help you know how much your home is worth at this time.
Donna Fullerton
Keller Williams1801 S Mopac, Ste 100
512-809-5593
donnafullerton@yahoo.com

When you are ready to list you should consult a Realtor who can help you with comparable homes. It's important to price a home correctly in this market. Overpricing will end up with your home sitting on the market and becoming stale. Homes priced correctly are selling very quickly these days.

When I meet with a client to list a home it is my job to really take the time to educate them on the market and how their home becomes a viable "product" of the market. Home buyers today want a deal. They want a turnkey property where they can move in with little hassle. It is important for seller's to know and understand this aspect of selling their home because it will always translate into thousands of extra dollars in their pocket at closing.

Homes that are correctly priced to the market will always sell faster and most importantly for more money than homes that are priced above what the market will support. When you price your home outside of the market you home is now competing with homes that are superior and that causes them to be overlooked. It will even cause some potential home buyer's to not even see your home as their search limits are at a lower level so your home does not even show up on their radar.

Doing that will limit the number of eyes on your property and the less people aware of your home the less dollars you will receive at closing. It's a fact that many sellers do not believe until they have experienced the pain and stress of their home sitting on the market for months.

Sorry for the long round about answer to your question but this is an issue you will have if your home is not priced correctly. Your objective is to sell your home for the highest dollar amount in the shortest period of time. Pricing it right is the first crucial step. The next step is making sure your home shows it's absolute best. I would love to help you reach your goals of selling your home. Please call or email me if you would like to discuss this further.

Best of luck to you!

Don Groff
REALTOR® | Mortgage Broker
Keller Williams Realty | 360 Lending Group
o 512.669.5599 m 512.633.4157
listings@dongroff.com
http://www.AustinListed.com
All you have to do is call a Realtor toget the most recent comparables (that is the most recent sold homes in your neighborhood) to determine the list price for your home. Any Realtor should be able to give you a free market analysis before listing your home for sale. If I may provide this service to you please give me a call. I would be happy to help you sell your house!
Betina

Betina Foreman- Realtor, C.N.E.
(512)771-6318
Austin Home Girls Realty
1601 West 6th Street
Austin Texas 78703
Call a Realtor. They will reveiw the recent sold properties in your area and tell you about the process of selling your home. Price it right and it should sell quickly. The market is great right now.
Anyone at Best Agents in Texas would be happy to assist you in marketing your home. Call 512.388.3313. Have a great day!
Hello! An appointment with any licensed Realtor would be the place to start: they can pull market comps for your area for recent sold properties, take pictures of your home, and get it listed on the MLS and all the other major websites (Trulia, Zillow, AustinHomeSearch, etc).

I would be happy to help get your home listed! You can call or email me anytime. Best of luck!

Taylor Shults, Realtor®, GRI
Watters International Realty
taylorshults@gmail.com

http://www.HomesForAustinites.com

Cell 512.667.4738
If you want to do FSBO, you'll have to self-navigate. Otherwise, call a licensed agent. We know the process and it takes the work off of you!

Julia Neumann
Habitat Hunters Real Estate Services
C (512)947-2289
email: Julia@habitathunters.com
I would be happy to meet with you for a no obligation consultation. Please feel free to visit my website for more details.

Steve Nusinow
(512)922-7588

In order to list your home for sale, you need to sign a listing agreement with a Realtor who will list your home on the MLS and on several web sites like Realtor.com, Austinhomesearch.com, Trulia, etc. If interested, please contact me and I'd be glad to come to your house and discuss this in more detail, explain the selling process, the closing costs, etc. as well as how to prepare your home for sale.

Vivianne Dordea, Realtor, Seller Representative Specialist (SRS)
Sierra Homes Realty
512-970-8814
Hi There,
The first step for listing your home for sale is to schedule an appointment with a broker(s) to gather your options for marketing plans, pricing suggestions and staging requests. We usually suggest to not try to stage or prepare your home prior to meeting with an agent, but wait for a professional suggestion on how to get your house ready. I would be happy to speak with you to see if we might be a good fit to work together, as I am a stong listing and marketing specialist in your area. Let me know how I can help!

Drew Griffin
512.785.9765
drewgriffin@realtyaustin.com

http://www.realtyaustin.com/agents/Drew-Griffin.php
I would be glad to offer you some advice on listing your home and offer you my services as well. Please email me or call me if you are interested.

Brian Iguchi
Biguchi@austin.rr.com
512-517-3556
Hi Palm_nuts,
If you mean how you can list your home here on the Trulia site; then you must work with a real estate agent to do so. Trulia does not accept for-sale-by-owner listings.

Ask your agent to input your home's "for sale" information on this site.

Good luck selling!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty