Home Selling in Queens>Question Details

maryrose_smi…, Home Seller in 11364

how do i list my coop for sale?

Asked by maryrose_smith, 11364 Mon Aug 20, 2012

I have a co op in Bayside I would like to sell how do i list the property

John M May’s answer
The first thing you need to do is notify the board that you would like to sell and they will in turn let you know if they would like to purchae the unit. If they let you know in writing that have decided not to invoke their right of first refusal then you have their permission to sell your Co-Op. The next step is to enlist the services of a Licensed Real Estate Professional a Realtor. If you like you can interview some of your local brokers and get an idea of what the unit is worth in todays market and what that particular Realtor would do to help you get your home sold in todays market. It is still a buyers market but prices for residential properties seem to be inching up. I would also be more than happy to meet with you to discuss your particular home and what I can do to sell it for you. Feel free to contact me at (718)479-5600. My name is John May and It would be my pleasure to work for and with you in the sale of your home. Good Luck in whatever decision you make.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Aug 20, 2012
Hi Mary Rose,

I grew up and still live in Bayside, I actively work with co-ops in bayside, if you could call me at 347-463-2979 I can give you more details about listing your property, thanks ! =)
Always keep in mind Real Estate is Local. It would not be in your best interest to list it with a Broker/Agent who specializes in Middle Village, Maspeth, Glendale, Rego Park, Forest Hills, Locate and interview a Local Real Estate Office,. they will have the most buyer traffic for your Cooperative in Bayside. Interview that agent and ask them to show you their track record, ask if they are familiar with your building? How many sales have they done in your building? When was their last sale in your building? When you interview the agent, ask what is the FLIP TAX in this building, if they don;t know the answer, do not hire them. Your local expert will know the answer.

Again, you want an expert in your local market. If you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them for you. I wish you all the best. Elizabeth Caruso 917-662-1846
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 22, 2012
I will present you a market evaluation free of cost, if you call me to talk to you face to face.
My phone # (917) 699 3560
If you are thinking of sell your home, we can help to quickly sell your property. I will also, handle all the details for you so that your property will close in a smooth and expeditious manner. I will professionally guide you through all the paperwork and negotiations on your behalf (including meeting with agents, lawyers, banks, inspectors and appraisers).
Fajardo Delacruz Direct Line: 347-932-0609
You need to contact any local agent, use any referrals you might have. You need an agent who will communicate with you and explain his/her marketing plan. Interview atleast 3-4 agents and pick the best one you feel will get the job done. In the meantime pick the application package and go through it and see the requirements for the prospective buyer.
Hi if you have not listed your co op as yet, get in touch with a listing agent fimilar with selling co op. If you need any help getting in touch with a realtor pls call 347-229-7169. I can help.
After checking with the co-op board about any selling regulations, look for an agent. You want an agent that knows your area well, and you relate with well too. Discuss expectations and agree on a plan of action. You and the agent want to be a TEAM working for the same goal: to get your apartment sold for the most money, in the quickest time and with the fewest problems.
East Coast Realtors, Bayside, NY
If you would like to do it by yourself, you can use websites such as trulia, zillow, homes.com, fsbo or simply post it on craigslist.
If you are looking to hire an experienced real estate professional look carefully, pick and choose, don't rush, settle down with the one you will feel most comfortable with.
Keep that in mind that not all the agents are the same.
Thank You
Contact a local Realtor. Co ops require a lot of paperwork & are best handled by a professional who knows the market.
It is very important that you use a realtor to list your unit. A realtor will screen the buyers to make sure that the buyer would qualify for the Board approval.
Ask for recommendations from your friends and neighbors. Interview the realtors to find one that you are comfortable with and is familiar with your coop.
I will list it for you.

Call 646 221 3170

Hire an agent and have them get you the best price.
If you like to get a price on the coop please feel free to call me.

Fajardo Delacruz
Licensed Real estate Agent
Century Homes Realty Group llc
Direct Line: 347-932-0609
Hello Maryrose, All of these agents are providing you with valuable information which you should carefully read. The fact that your Coop is in Bayside goes well I have many buyers seeking homes in your area.

But, I must warn you I'm a great listener and equally a great talker because I need to know that we suit each other anyone can put a property up for sale and let the marketing system work it's magic you just need to make sure that your Realtor is available to answer your questions on ALL issues that may arise everything from how the property is to be shown to making sure that the potential buyers coming to view your home is well qualified and approved before they step a foot in your door as to not waste your time nor theirs.

As I said this is a relationship you must feel comfortable with my professionalism as well as how I represent your interest. Your choice must be someone who is very protective of your concerns from start to finish, reachable and knowledgable. I am a member of The Long island Board of Realtor and Brooklyn Board of Realtors I cover Queens, Brooklyn Bronx and Long Island. Please contact they agent's who responded to your question including myself then make your decision based on how they come across "even on the phone you can feel their personalities. Good Hunting!! Joe

I will let other people speak about my service to them just click below... Thank you Maryrose for your time and have a great week!

Joe "Jose" Ortiz
ZipRealty Inc.
If you are a for sale by owner the post is not allowed, you can however try blogging about the property; if and when you do list with an agent, he/she can post it for you, ask; or consider any flat fee realty company that feeds into the site.
Hi Maryrose, the process is easy; the selection of an agent is key. As Linda said below interview at least 3 agents, 4 would be better, all from different companies. Listen to their presentations and see if they are conversing with you, or just talking at you. You need an agent that will communicate, educate and explain things to you. Look carefully at the comparables they use to arrive at a market price, if the comparables aren't good it will skew the prospective price higher or lower. You want an agent that gives you an honest price opinion. Next ask them specific questions about their marketing plan, how much will they spend (if anything), where will they market, etc.. Then demand a guarantee that if you are unhappy with their services you can terminate the agreement at no cost to you. If you follow these steps you should have a good experience, remember all agents put on their best face at listing presentations; try to see past the mask. Good luck.
Hello, My name is Lidna Manginaro and thanks for your question. You should definately INTERVIEW 2-3 agents. Agents should "listen" more than they should talk and determine the best plan of action for YOU. Every sale is different.
I hope you will give me the opportunity to meet with you. I have lots of ideas in this challenging market. All the best to you.
Linda Manginaro 917-682-3727
East Coast Realtors
Bayside, New York
Good afternoon Mary Rose!

I am a Lic. Real Estate Associate Broker and I would like to assist you in the sales process. My name Julia Woon-Schmidt with Century Homes Realty Group, LLC. My direct number is 917-915-0417.

I look forward to assisting you.
Hello MaryRose. Don't just hire the first Real Estate Agent you can google. It sounds like you have a Bank of America Loan. If you do go to the Bank of America Short Sale site. There is a section to find a Bank of America preferred agent. Which means a lot to you. Speaking as a Bank of America preferred Realtor myself. It's only to your benefit to select a realtor that's recognized by your lender. Hope this helps. And good luck. Remember to always receive copies of everything you sign.
You can hire us and we will do our best to market and sell your property for you. For more information contact me at 347-730-2155 Keith Simon.
You'll need to hire a Realtor as a Listing Agent to get it into your local MLS, and consequently on this website.